What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signed to CU '24 CO CG Andrew Crawford

Nique Clifford was around there as well and well…
You talking about 2nd in the country in Effective Field Goal percentage (68.1%) Nique Clifford? Shooting 50% from 3, 14 PPG, 7 RPG. If Nique keeps this up for the rest of the year then he should be considered a top 100 college player. https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/nique-clifford-1.html
Wish he played like this in a CU uniform, dude is ballin' this year. Kudos to Nique for putting in the work. The talent was always clear. Another demonstration of Tad's ability to develop too, unfortunately it's the Rammies who benefit from that development.

Last edited:
He's not playing center, Tommy Wight is. Not going to go too far into it here, but there's work to do here. Perplexing pickup.
Perplexing? Crawford’s a top Colorado guy, & Tad loves to keep those guys home.

But I think his role is biggest question mark of the four 2024 guys (all of which are 4 star quality), as he’s the only 1 saying that he knows he won’t play much the first year. ‘Drew says Tad likes his “IQ/ D versatility/ rebounding” most. Tad also says his “ball-handling & passing are exceptional,” so I put him as 3rd point guard & maybe more likely to grow into starting 3-spot-up-as up to 6’7? But maybe ‘Drew & Dak (if Hurlburt proves he can win rotation minutes at 5) are most likely red-shirt candidates?

Kossaras & Rancik both said ability to play early, were big factors in their signings. Kossaras has played point-guard effectively, but Tad says he would be 1 of best shooters-even on this years team. Rancik a more athletic (w/ sneaky rim protection) version of da Silva that will shoot, handle, & pass-it out of the gate.

But most excited for Onwuckewa’s Frosh year- as even if he doesn’t get off the ground very high, his defense (and eventual inside/out game & passing) may win him more minutes than Hurlburt or Dak? Doryan lost a ton of weight & really showed out late; so we’re lucky we got in-early w/ all 3 of him, Rancik, & even Kossaras (maybe a littte lesser so; as Felix only 1 of 3 that is not moving up some toward final rankings).

Saw on 9 news prep report he scored his 1000th career point yesterday. Fourth Thunderidge player to do so. Second time I’ve seen his highlights on the prep report. Not overly impressive, mostly layups, but they have him out of position playing center. His defense needs work.
I've scored a few, mostly space invaders and pac man...does that count?

Perplexing? Crawford’s a top Colorado guy, & Tad loves to keep those guys home.

But I think his role is biggest question mark of the four 2024 guys (all of which are 4 star quality), as he’s the only 1 saying that he knows he won’t play much the first year. ‘Drew says Tad likes his “IQ/ D versatility/ rebounding” most. Tad also says his “ball-handling & passing are exceptional,” so I put him as 3rd point guard & maybe more likely to grow into starting 3-spot-up-as up to 6’7? But maybe ‘Drew & Dak (if Hurlburt proves he can win rotation minutes at 5) are most likely red-shirt candidates?

Kossaras & Rancik both said ability to play early, were big factors in their signings. Kossaras has played point-guard effectively, but Tad says he would be 1 of best shooters-even on this years team. Rancik a more athletic (w/ sneaky rim protection) version of da Silva that will shoot, handle, & pass-it out of the gate.

But most excited for Onwuckewa’s Frosh year- as even if he doesn’t get off the ground very high, his defense (and eventual inside/out game & passing) may win him more minutes than Hurlburt or Dak? Doryan lost a ton of weight & really showed out late; so we’re lucky we got in-early w/ all 3 of him, Rancik, & even Kossaras (maybe a littte lesser so; as Felix only 1 of 3 that is not moving up some toward final rankings).
Joe won't be on this team next year.

My predictions are:
-Cody & KJ stay another year; Julian leaves to start at point elsewhere; all seniors leave; still need a 5th 2024 recruit. (Joe Hurlburt puts 1 more year in; then leaves in ‘25; which is good ‘cause we’ll need a 3rd recruit in ‘25):

Top 2 2024’s that CU Coach’s in contact w/:

JNat, ComboF:

My predictions are:
-Cody & KJ stay another year; Julian leaves to start at point elsewhere; all seniors leave; still need a 5th 2024 recruit. (Joe Hurlburt puts 1 more year in; then leaves in ‘25; which is good ‘cause we’ll need a 3rd recruit in ‘25):

Top 2 2024’s that CU Coach’s in contact w/:

JNat, ComboF:

I'm confused a) why this is in the thread and b) why you think Cody and Joe will be here

Mod edit.
I think the makeup of the roster depends on who the coach is next year.

As I see it, the guys who are for sure gone, no matter what: KJ, Cody, Tristan

Guys who are for sure gone with a new coach: KJ, Cody, Tristan, LOB, Lampkin, Hurlburt, Hadley

A new coach is going to take advantage over f the opportunity to bring in as many of his guys as possible, so all the guys who COULD come back will be gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused a) why this is in the thread and b) why you think Cody and Joe will be here
Sorry I went off on whole ‘24 class here. da Lama dissing out Colorado boy- just bring out my long-winded treatise self!

Why do I think Cody & Joe will be here? Just reading the tea leaves. Primary reason Cody came here for was for our elite development, which he doesn’t really get much of in 1 year. Yea, the world think anyone who is predicted to be lottery pick runs for The League. I don’t buy it; Tad recruits guys smarter than that. AND I could totally be wrong.

Between the lines w/ Joe, he’s still saying a few quotes this year that shows he’s still interested in seeing how far our development program will take him. Including how much Harrison has grown. But I am predicting he leaves after next season-as I don’t see him getting minutes over anyone on our front line-especially if we get 1 of elite bigs in ‘25. But Opinions are like assholes- everyone’s got 1-including me. And I don’t think mines any more special than anyone else’s- except maybe for that walking a-hole Flounder.

I’m proud to say my son is something special with has diagnosis’ of Down Syndrome, severe Autism & Mental Retardation- Flounder! But it’s prejudiced bigots like you-that think there’s no harm in throwing around hate-that I truely pity. You’ll always just be too small for the rest of us. Peace out! And go get yourself some therapy. You need it!

I think the makeup of the roster depends on who the coach is next year.

As I see it, the guys who are for sure gone, no matter what: KJ, Cody, Tristan

Guys who are for sure gone with a new coach: KJ, Cody, Tristan, LOB, Lampkin, Hurlburt, Hadley

A new coach is going to take advantage over f the opportunity to bring in as many of his guys as possible, so all the guys who COULD come back will be gone.
Tad's leaving?

Sorry I went off on whole ‘24 class here. da Lama dissing out Colorado boy- just bring out my long-winded treatise self!

Why do I think Cody & Joe will be here? Just reading the tea leaves. Primary reason Cody came here for was for our elite development, which he doesn’t really get much of in 1 year. Yea, the world think anyone who is predicted to be lottery pick runs for The League. I don’t buy it; Tad recruits guys smarter than that. AND I could totally be wrong.

Between the lines w/ Joe, he’s still saying a few quotes this year that shows he’s still interested in seeing how far our development program will take him. Including how much Harrison has grown. But I am predicting he leaves after next season-as I don’t see him getting minutes over anyone on our front line-especially if we get 1 of elite bigs in ‘25. But Opinions are like assholes- everyone’s got 1-including me. And I don’t think mines any more special than anyone else’s- except maybe for that walking a-hole Flounder.

I’m proud to say my son is something special with has diagnosis’ of Down Syndrome, severe Autism & Mental Retardation- Flounder! But it’s prejudiced bigots like you-that think there’s no harm in throwing around hate-that I truely pity. You’ll always just be too small for the rest of us. Peace out! And go get yourself some therapy. You need it!
Staying in school for “elite development” when you’re a top 5 pick is as far from smart as humanly possible.

Playing for the 6A title tonight against valor would be his 3rd in 4 years at Thunderridge.

Been cool to see him adjust his game last year he was stat stuffing with Charlie Spann and they went 13-11.

This year he’s got worse personal numbers but the team is 22-5 and playing for the chip.

Love he’s coming from a winning culture, program, and coach.

I will say the recent D1players from Tridge haven’t transitioned well Keller to Wake, Mueller to Wyo, and Hammonds to San Jose State all have had pretty underwhelming college careers hope this is different.

Playing for the 6A title tonight against valor would be his 3rd in 4 years at Thunderridge.

Been cool to see him adjust his game last year he was stat stuffing with Charlie Spann and they went 13-11.

This year he’s got worse personal numbers but the team is 22-5 and playing for the chip.

I will say the recent D1players from Tridge haven’t transitioned well Keller to Wake, Mueller to Wyo, and Hammonds to San Jose State all have had pretty underwhelming college careers hope this is different.
Matt Bouldin though

He better be Big 12 game ready from Day 1 next year. We're gonna need all hands on deck next year if certain things happen in the off season. I was there last night to watch my Buffaloes stumble and I just don't see a fringe Top 100 player. :unsure:

1) Again, Drew Crawford, said he doesn’t expect to play much 1st year at CU. Playing PtG at ThunderRidge- combined w/ Tad’s comments on Drew-keep me believing Drew being groomed for some PtG minutes.

2) Rancik & Felix Kossaras both said chance to play early was big factor in choosing CU. Their 3-Pt shooting-& elite playmaking of their own- seems to maybe make that true?

3) Losing Doryan Onwuckekwu leaves hole in the middle, if we don’t get Lampkin back-which still feels likely we lose Eddie? Love ‘24 7-footer Diouf as stretch BigWing-that has perimeter mobility & rim-protection? Staff also has had past contact w/ ‘24 6’7 220 F’s Chris Mason (2-Way, Inside/Out threat) & Christopher McDermott (elite energy & D; but still developing jumper). Seems Tad’s staff may need 1 transfer 2 balance classes/add a Big w/ the only Junior next year to be Ruffin?

4) Hate to say it: I could see Tad retiring at this time? Mike Rohn as head-coach, stays w/ rest of current staff-would be most likely?

Back