What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signed to CU '24 DC OT Jordan Seaton

Losing Seaton would be awful but not unprecedented. Verbal commits can change schools and with NIL it is prudent to consider all offers right up to signing the papers.

If Kevin Plank called with a UA sized bag, the right thing for Seaton to do was to take the phone call.

Young man deserves all the time he wants to take to make this decision.
If he needs time to make a decision then maybe don’t go on multiple national sports shows (probably with Prime’s help) and talk about why you’ve made a decision and are all in on Colorado.

If he needs time to make a decision then maybe don’t go on multiple national sports shows (probably with Prime’s help) and talk about why you’ve made a decision and are all in on Colorado.
Agree on this count. It'd be a real bad look on the kid if he doesn't sign with CU after all that.

Playing games with the National Shows is not the right long-term play.
Pretty sure that most recruits know and have seen who Prime knows and how they love him
Having Folwer and Klatt as alums is also a nice little bonus
I would put us at about 65% chance right now

Playing games with the National Shows is not the right long-term play.
Pretty sure that most recruits know and have seen who Prime knows and how they love him
Having Folwer and Klatt as alums is also a nice little bonus
I would put us at about 65% chance right now
I am clutching up here @Big Jim

It is understandable if an offer was so out of the norm that reconsideration was warranted. Seaton didn't sign a contract or enter into a legal arrangement with CU. He made a nonbinding verbal statement about a preference for where he wanted to go. It is doubtful most people would not at the very least consider a potential counteroffer with a greater financial payout. College football players are effectively employees of a quasi-independent entity that just happens to exist alongside an institution of higher education. All the economic calculus that dictates more regular employment situations applies plus the volatility of contracted employment and young men. Which leads to the flipping and the drama that appears with high-profile recruits.

The great thing about this is no matter what happens a large portion of this thread will appear on Message Board Geniuses.
Monty Python Wisdom GIF

Warren graduated and the hire is happening. He could give Seaton a call - offer to help with his footwork.

(A BDC article noted that even after these guys sign, they are not locked in until they start classes)

My understanding is that the transfers are not locked in until they start classes. I have not heard of any changes for the high school recruits. I believe they are still locked in when they (and a parent/guardian) sign the LOI.

Back