1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

350 lb RB signing to Hawaii

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by TimmyDUBs, Feb 13, 2013.

1. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

We'll be playing them in 2014 and 15. Kind of sad because he is absolutely going to blow out his knees and other joints and be a cripple after college, but pretty fun to have a behemoth lined up in the backfield.

"It’s not particularly surprising that David Fangupo is a Division I college football recruit. After all, the Kailua-Kona (Hi.) Kealakehe High senior stands 6-foot-2 and roughly 350 pounds … before a big meal. What is surprising is that he is expected to play running back starting next year at his home state’s largest university, with Fangupo agreeing to sign a national letter of intent with Hawaii once he is academically cleared to do so."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highs...rious-wheels-earns-scholarship-162529943.html

2. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

you must be his father. apples don't fall far from the tree

3. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

bush-huh.jpg

4. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

Looks like he runs about a 10 flat 40.

5. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Wasn't the rabbid goldfish a RB in HS?

6. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

The guy is not thinking. If he moved to center or DT, he could make a killing later in the NFL.

7. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Who was the 270lb TB who played for Texas Tech a number of years back?

He looked intimidating but his first step was slow enough that defenses were getting to him before he had a lot of momentum. He looked intimidating but teams figured out that he was topheavy, grab an ankle and he went down like a sack of bricks.

In the end he wasn't highly effective and they ended up playing a traditional back more.

8. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

I recall a kid named Lane from aTm who fit that description.

9. nolabuff

nolabuff Club Member Club Member

I remember Javorski Lane at A&M, he was in the 270 range, but still not all that effective. It sounds like this guy will be switching positions though.

10. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

That's the guy I was thinking about. I remember the TV announcers making a big deal out of him but he never actually did much to take notice except be big.

11. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

He is down to 250 I believe and playing FB for the Miami Dolphins

12. HUFset

HUFset Well-Known Member

Yet, he plays FB in the NFL for the Dolphins.

Edit: S2S beat me to it

13. nolabuff

nolabuff Club Member Club Member

I figured he had just faded into his couch, but it's a good story. I just read it on ESPN W (yeah I'm not ashamed). He ballooned to over 300 lbs after college and now has himself down to 260 and just completed his rookie season in the NFL at age 25. He didn't really get that many touches, but what fullback does in the nfl.
    http://espn.go.com/espnw/8678800/es...ns-fullback-jovorskie-lane-works-land-nfl-job

I still think the guy from Hawaii is probably switching positions though. 350 lbs is way too big to play rb at the college level. You can't just run over guys a third of your size, even in MWC. They either signed him for publicity or told him he'd get a shot a rb to lure him away from some other teams.

14. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

What a great story of perserverence. Let's hope Lane keeps his weight down and has success in the NFL-and stays out of trouble. That story of Blade Runner pisses me off. Can we not find any athletes who can live up to the hero label?!

15. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

That's the guy Russell put out of his misery? I seem to remember some kind of large T A&M back that he dropped. That could be the Tau proteins talking though.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013