What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

7 wins and still much to do...

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
we aren't good enough to swagger like that-- all those stupid ****ing penalties. we are so lucky we were playing a dog **** team. hell, that happens on the road and we probably lose, even to the dregs like ua.

i think our Buffs will get the junk cleaned up and they will be ready for the ua game. after that, we're going to need to see the offense we saw up until the stanford game. wsu or utah curb stomp us, even at home, if we commit all those turnovers and fail on offense like that.

i don't think it is too greedy to be counting on a win at ua and then hoping for at least a split in the last 2.

you wouldn't want to be a CU player--- mm told the tv reporter that tomorrow was going to be a good morning. the way he said it, i don't think that is what he meant. lolololol

I'm glad we had a home game after that bye. Might have lost on the road.

I think UCLA is a cheap team, Mora coaches his team towards those types for grating antics. Cu needed to play above the line and they let UCLA get into their heads. It's a learning experience however and better to learn from Wins than losses. JL had his defense ready to play today. Offense underachieved like crazy but thats primarily the talent discrepancy that still exists on the field vs teams like UCLA. Their DL dominated the trenches like our defense did.

Kicking game is going to bite us in the butt eventually but Oliver looks to be gaining a lot of confidence.

you wouldn't want to be a CU player--- mm told the tv reporter that tomorrow was going to be a good morning. the way he said it, i don't think that is what he meant. lolololol
This team seemed to have an entitlement in this game. CU is winning games and I couldn't care less, but as a coach, I LOVE THIS!

What an unenjoyable game to watch live...so many horrific calls against CU (from my vantage point.) refs were terrible tonight

Agreed. But the question of importance is what happened to the offense and how do we get it back?

Really glad this diarrhea happened at home. We do not beat Arizona on the road at night with that performance.

Agreed. But the question of importance is what happened to the offense and how do we get it back?

This. We're either predictable, out matched or a combination of the 2. We've been offensive offensively since USC. We pounded ASU but even that wasn't an offensive showcase.

I was thinking to myself, if we had a Wisconsin attitude, we wouldn't take all those penalties. We didn't seem confident. When you expect of beat someone into submission, an indiscretion is met with a laugh, not a frown.

They'll get there. Winning will continue to breed that confidence.

gb confirmed that before the game the ucla guys were talking trash and our guys definitely reacted to it. learning experience. have to play smarter than that.

You get the temp back by the qb playing much better. The two INTS were awful. Several times Sefo escaped the rush with his legs, other times he got himself sacked by leaving too early.

Sefo was generally misfiring most of the day. He was wide or high on 6-8 passes that could have been big plays. The first one to Jmac goes for 6. Sefo needs to get his mojo back.

gb confirmed that before the game the ucla guys were talking trash and our guys definitely reacted to it. learning experience. have to play smarter than that.

At least it turned out better than the last notable pregame **** talk incident: Nub 2005

This team is still learning how to play when we are the favorites. We should have won this game by three or more scores but that's not the point. You don't make the jump from perennial loser to conference contenders without a few bumps. We played very similar to the USC game and it's no coincidence that we had similar performance. But we won. And that's progress. No one seemed happy after the game and the hunger is still there. We'll fix this guaranteed

Sefo's accuracy is the problem. He is really missing a lot of throws, and nobody is catching it clean so we aren't getting any YAC. We are close to a quarterback controversy.

Sefo's accuracy is the problem. He is really missing a lot of throws, and nobody is catching it clean so we aren't getting any YAC. We are close to a quarterback controversy.
At least until Montez came in and threw up a duck on his 3rd attempt..

No we are not. It's Sefos team this year period. Montez/Lytle/and the kid from Oregon that RSed this year can duke it out next year.

Sefo's team or not, I think he is the problem with the offense right now. I'm a Sefo fan, but Montez throws a more accurate ball and that is really important in this offense. You can see it in the receivers.

Sefo's team or not, I think he is the problem with the offense right now. I'm a Sefo fan, but Montez throws a more accurate ball and that is really important in this offense.
I don't think so. At all. That OL was getting ate up by 98. Sefo had zero time and those WR were up against as good a secondary as ours. Frankly, Montez, IMO, would have gotten shelled in this game.

IMO if montez starts this game we win easily. Sefo does nothing better than he does, and a lot of things worse.

IMO if montez starts this game we win easily. Sefo does nothing better than he does, and a lot of things worse.

there are lots of things to compare and debate about the 2 qbs, but this is over the top wrong. sefo reads defenses better; the offense lines up and moves faster when he is in the game, among other things.

we don't have a qb controversy yet. sure, we could still get there depending on how it plays out. personally, i am hoping that our offense just had its 2 worst games of the year and we now go up a notch and win out.

You have no way of knowing this and he wasn't any better for the passes he had. We weren't good offensively. Period.

I don't think people truly appreciate the job McKinley did on our offensive line tonight.

He was awesome and he was everywhere, and we should probably give him a little credit for making our offense look bad a lot of the time.

My gripe when it comes to him was not about the players, but about the playcalling and the halftime adjustments. I saw McKinley double-teamed exactly once - by Frazier and Lindsay - and Sefo made a good throw out in the flat that went for about 7 or 8 yards.

We needed to game plan around that dude, and we didn't do it. He was a stud tonight, and kind of like the Broncos and Joey Bosa, I'm glad we don't have to see him again this year.

Sefo is the best QB on the roster, but he isn't doing himself any favors right now. Tonight was the Sefo of old. Not the Sefo we saw in the first couple of games.

But that downfield shot that was dropped shouldn't have happened and neither should the QB draws at least once or twice per series.

I don't think the coaching staff is doing him favors. Same with Lindsay and the running game.

Sefo rolled out into pressure way too often. Watching the game live we were all commenting. The 4th down pass was executed properly, he stepped up and fired the ball accurately. Ucla has a pretty good secondary but there were plays to be made with accurate throws.

Back