What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

8/13 Scrimmage Report?

You can feel the aggressiveness and hate coming from both sides. The D flies to the ball.
loved hearing this line!!
I kinda feel like this guy should be coaching the defense
[video=youtube;vJ4-U3ijVMo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ4-U3ijVMo[/video]

thanks for the post ymssr

Ford impressive, Cabral feisty

You guys covered the scrimmage well so I'm not going to pile on. Two quick notes:
  1. Josh Ford was impressive today. He's more than a change of pace back - he's decisive and hits the hole with confidence. I worry Speedy will struggle against some of our PAC-12 foes who have much better gap discipline and quickness than he's used to. Speedy's shiftiness may be a liability so hopefully EB will plug Ford in when appropriate.
  2. After the scrimmage Coach Cabral was feisty with his LB unit. He made his LB unit run punitive windsprints and had one of the players doing somersaults as well. Cabral's players were the last ones to leave the field, and might I add they ran off the field. His leadership will be invaluable this season.
All in all it was great to see the players running around. There was a decent turnout and I'm excited as ever for the season. The Buffs will lose games this year, but they'll lose to superior opponents, rather than beat themselves in humiliating fashion like last year.

For the first time this fall Darragh was the first one to punt. He hit one about 39 with average hangtime then a Boomer about 46 yards and got a good applause from the crowd. Gross hit his first one of the side of his foot about 37 then boomed his second one as well ( no applause ). Then later Darragh hit one coffin corner and it was fair caught at the 10 or 12 with good hangtime.

I'll add a little. I was on the east side by the lift that EB was on. Guess they wanted to simulate him being in the press box. I'm absolutely positive EB is afraid of heights. He was holding on for dear life at first and he was standing like his sphincter was puckered. Didn't stop the f-bombs though
Hansen was ok with a few nice passes. Twice as he was bringing his arm forward to throw the ball, the ball just popped out of his hand. I think Schrock has a lot of potential.
Prich = Stud. I was impressed with McCulloch and Spruce, a couple nice catches each. Clemons has some nice catches but nothing jaw dropping. Gray and Darden also
Speedy showed some Barry Sanders moves. He wasn't getting a lot of holes but he picked up yards. Nice TD run. Jones was getting bitched at a lot but had a few good runs. DD is going to be good. Creer even had one nice run
Deehan was wide open on a TD but dropped a few others. Bahr made a great catch across the middle and was instantly hit but held on. Thornton looked good on several plays.
Juda Parker seemed to get a lot of play. Nembot got less. Big dude. Kasa and Obi stood out
Polk and Perkins really control the D, very vocal. I thought Henderson and Washington looked good
Oliver kicked a bunch of 30 to 45 yard field goals. I can only remember him missing two...one from Aurora that didn't get to the end zone and one that barely missed. The D was going to have to run for letting the O score a TD so Embo set Castor up at about 47 and said if he made it, the D wouldn't have to run. He made it
Each punter had two kicks. All were fair. Gross gets a lot of hang time
The D dominated early. Even though several TDs were scored, I didn't think the O had a very good day in general
I think there has been progress made but there is room for improvement.

here you go

.&nbapNice report. .&nbsp:lol:<br><br> J/K Good job.

Last edited:
I'm kinda worried that reports are pointing to a repeat of the last few years.

Lackluster oline that exacerbates problems at QB. We try to pound the ball but it becomes apparent that we can't because our line cannot consistently run block. We're forced to pass but can't do that well either so we have quick possessions. Defense performs beyond expectations but is not the 85 bears so they tire out and we lose.

Lackluster oline that exacerbates problems at QB. We try to pound the ball but it becomes apparent that we can't because our line cannot consistently run block. We're forced to pass but can't do that well either so we have quick possessions. Defense performs beyond expectations but is not the 85 bears so they tire out and we lose.

I wouldn't worry that much. The O-Line looked solid. I just think that the D-Line is going to be that good.

Josh Hartigan is one intense man. He looks the size of a big cornerback but I wouldn't want to **** with him. Nasty, mean. He has really taken a leadership position.

I will admit to thinking the same thing... :cry:

I don't think our O-line talent is great but it is good enough. Run blocking is a lot about attitude. Look what Air Force does with a bunch of undersized guys that for the most part would have been FCS or D2 guys.

We couldn't run the last few years not for lack of talent but because we had a HC who wanted to trick everybody. The only one he tricked was himself and the results showed on the field.

I don't think our O-line talent is great but it is good enough. Run blocking is a lot about attitude. Look what Air Force does with a bunch of undersized guys that for the most part would have been FCS or D2 guys.

We couldn't run the last few years not for lack of talent but because we had a HC who wanted to trick everybody. The only one he tricked was himself and the results showed on the field.

Air Force is not playing in the Pac 12. They also have run a gimmick offense that is not easy to prepare for and lose a fair share of games against teams that I would consider an embarrassment to be defeated by.

I too fear of a 2008 or 2009 that falls short of expectations because we can't properly set up the run or pass. Front 7 will be better but OL is a huge concern despite the names on paper. A lot of former players coming back for practice, has anyone spotted former O-linemen? Get Rogers, Bates, Stoltenberg, Naeole up in their faces and have them teach nastiness and imposing attitude and will on opposing defenses.

I think I went, but I don't know what to write. I'm not sure if I went to the right practice. I saw an attacking defense and a power running offense that works play action off the run game. Fiery coaches who were constantly teaching, too. Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure I was watching a football practice. I'm not sure what it was. It was all very unfamiliar to me.

Where were all you AllBuffs folks at the scrimmage? I looked for some but obviously not knowing faces didn't help.

I think I went, but I don't know what to write. I'm not sure if I went to the right practice. I saw an attacking defense and a power running offense that works play action off the run game. Fiery coaches who were constantly teaching, too. Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure I was watching a football practice. I'm not sure what it was. It was all very unfamiliar to me.

sounds like you got clinic-ed.

Were you in Fort Collins?

Your mom had you at seventy? The numbers just don't add up. It was freakin' hot where I was too.
Nah I'm only 19 and my great grandma is 99 years old so I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

First, my mom is in an assisted living home, so STFU. Second, I too worry about our O-line and D-backs. I don't know how to approach this season, expectation wise.

Last edited:
Back