What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A&M To The SEC Nearly A Done Deal ??

Well with it going to 16 teams I think the proposal nik posted with the pods is the best system. We would only be traveling east of the rockies once or twice a season. Austin isnt a terrible city, Norman kinda sucks but its not like lincoln, or ames. We would still get annual trips to the west coast so I dont think it will be that bad.

You would think that the SEC would've offered a spot to Texas, in an attempt to secure the Texas TV market, before going to Florida St and Clemson, areas where the are already the prevalent conference over the ACC. Maybe they saw something in the Longhorns that made them want to avoid the horns, and hopefully Scott sees the negatives of Texas too.

SEC presidents meeting at 11am to "discuss expansion"

Mizzou denied any contact with the SEC to other members of the Big12-2

SEC presidents meeting at 11am to "discuss expansion"

Mizzou denied any contact with the SEC to other members of the Big12-2

Mizzou being much smarter this time around. Basically taking a page from our book. Say nothing till you are on the train out of town, then you can give them the middle finger while waving goodbye.

You would think that the SEC would've offered a spot to Texas, in an attempt to secure the Texas TV market, before going to Florida St and Clemson, areas where the are already the prevalent conference over the ACC. Maybe they saw something in the Longhorns that made them want to avoid the horns, and hopefully Scott sees the negatives of Texas too.

Have seen absolutely nothing to indicate this but wouldn't it be wild if Texas actually made the phone call and asked for the invite. They would be hard for the SEC to turn down. Aggie, Mizzou, and all the old SWC/Big XII teams left in the cold would be beyond upset but that has never bothered Texas.

UT will not go to the SEC.

For all UT's faults, two issues it has been a strong leader on are academic standards for student athletes and running things within the NCAA rules. Because of these core values, they would never join the SEC.

UT will not go to the SEC.

For all UT's faults, two issues it has been a strong leader on are academic standards for student athletes and running things within the NCAA rules. Because of these core values, they would never join the SEC.

Agreed. Texas will either patch together the Big 12 and keep on moving, or will head west.

I'm not a fan of 16.
But if its inevitable that Larry Scott expands to a sixteen team PAC, I'd rather see four divisions instead of two.

Play the three schools in your division, and then play two from each of the other divisions in a 9 game conference schedule. Two best records advance to the CCG. Tiebreakers based, in part, by strength of OOC schedule.

Cal/Stanford/USC/UCLA

Oregon/Oregon State/Wahshington/Wazzou

Arizona/ASU/Utah/Colorado

UT & their 3 bitches.

This 4 pod structure would alleviate being entirely stuck in a UT's orbit.

I'm not a fan of 16.
But if its inevitable that Larry Scott expands to a sixteen team PAC, I'd rather see four divisions instead of two.

Play the three schools in your division, and then play two from each of the other divisions in a 9 game conference schedule. Two best records advance to the CCG. Tiebreakers based, in part, by strength of OOC schedule.

Cal/Stanford/USC/UCLA

UT & their 3 bitches.

posted the same situation in the Superconference fun thread. However I do think we are moving towards a 4team playoff for conference champ. Nationally would be a sweet 16 type deal. Big 10 @16, ACC @16, SEC @16, and PAC16, all with 4 pods. Conference champs would be final 4 and then national title would be winner of the tournament.

I'm not a fan of 16.

Cal/Stanford/USC/UCLA

UT & their 3 bitches.

Dear Christ that sucks. Since we were saved by the Pac, all I've talked about is the destinations associated with our new conference mates. Out of twelve, only three aren't great.

This rotation not only puts us in a conference with two of the three previous lackluster destinations, but it additionally waters down our chances of getting to the good spots in So.Cal, Norcal and The Pacific Northwest.

Dear Christ that sucks. Since we were saved by the Pac, all I've talked about is the destinations associated with our new conference mates. Out of twelve, only three aren't great.

This rotation not only puts us in a conference with two of the three previous lackluster destinations, but it additionally waters down our chances of getting to the good spots in So.Cal, Norcal and The Pacific Northwest.

Check over in the superconference fun thread. Posted a 4 year schedule rotation. We do not get to So-cal every year but we do get to California every year. The Mid West 4 that will be added will be interesting. If it includes two texas schools then we play in texas every year which helps recruiting. If it only includes UT we will have 2 years where wont ever see them. It wont be that bad.

Check over in the superconference fun thread. Posted a 4 year schedule rotation. We do not get to So-cal every year but we do get to California every year. The Mid West 4 that will be added will be interesting. If it includes two texas schools then we play in texas every year which helps recruiting. If it only includes UT we will have 2 years where wont ever see them. It wont be that bad.

Hey man, sometimes I need to be screechy. Don't take this from me...

Hmmmm, Mizzou is denying contact with the $ec. The B10 is being very quite in all this.

Perchance they're talking behind everyone's back?

That would make me laugh. A lot.

A&M and Mizzou to SEC makes a lot of sense.
Mizzou-Arkansas would be instant rivalry
A&M-LSU would be as well.
Adds lots of recruiting and TV sets to the conference.

FSU and Clemson (or Virginia Tech) also makes a lot of sense.
South Carolina-Clemson
FSU-Florida
Doesn't add any new TV sets but it kicks the ACC out of their hotbed and they now would dominate that portion of the country (sans Georgia Tech and Miami) but with schools that regularly pack 80,000 fans into their stadiums.
Not sure VT has the political pull to get out of the ACC after UVA pulled strings to get them into the ACC just 7 years ago.

A 16 team Super-SEC would be a dominate conference, but the SEC already is according to the media. Not sure this would trigger the Big Ten and Pac-12 to go super also; at least not right away.

If UT and OU are content holding the Big 12 together with duct tape and the ACC schools like Maryland, Virginia, Duke, and North Carolina are happy to just add the best of the Big East then it might stop there.

posted the same situation in the Superconference fun thread. However I do think we are moving towards a 4team playoff for conference champ. Nationally would be a sweet 16 type deal. Big 10 @16, ACC @16, SEC @16, and PAC16, all with 4 pods. Conference champs would be final 4 and then national title would be winner of the tournament.

I just saw your post in the other thread. You know what they say, great assholes threadcrap alike.
We are both on the same page that two eight team conferences would be inferior to 4 team pods.

The conference championship and playoff structure still leaves room for debate. Much depends on the parallel expansion plans of the other superconferences.

I could imagine UT bitch each year that they lose their pod to OU that they are still somehow entitled to a placemat the tourney over the Winner of the Northwest or Rocky Mountain pod.

I just saw your post in the other thread. You know what they say, great assholes threadcrap alike.
We are both on the same page that two eight team conferences would be inferior to 4 team pods.

The conference championship and playoff structure still leaves room for debate. Much depends on the parallel expansion plans of the other superconferences.

I could imagine UT bitch each year that they lose their pod to OU that they are still somehow entitled to a placemat the tourney over the Winner of the Northwest or Rocky Mountain pod.

The great thing is that if UT is in their own pod, We won't have to care about their bitching. This conference is all about what is good for the conference as a whole not a single spoiled brat. If UT is even in the discussion it means that they have already agreed to play nice with us. The only thing that a 4 pod structure does, is make the secondary rivals for some school more difficult to schedule year in and year out

The great thing is that if UT is in their own pod, We won't have to care about their bitching. This conference is all about what is good for the conference as a whole not a single spoiled brat. If UT is even in the discussion it means that they have already agreed to play nice with us. The only thing that a 4 pod structure does, is make the secondary rivals for some school more difficult to schedule year in and year out

The key of the pod structure is how the pods are formed. I'd rather see Larry Scott move on to a new role as the commissioner of a professional league or lead some future US Olympic bid than have him stick CU in an 8-team Pac 16 east.

Damn you CU, you started this mess when you ran to the PAC:thumbsup:

:lol:

Husker fans have got to be smiling. Trouble in the Big 12 and potentially some closure on Mizzou never being a Big 10 member (instead, an SEC whipping boy).

The key of the pod structure is how the pods are formed. I'd rather see Larry Scott move on to a new role as the commissioner of a professional league or lead some future US Olympic bid than have him stick CU in an 8-team Pac 16 east.
I dont think there will be 8 Team divisions. It would be like two separate conferences.

Texas A&M is Jeffrey:

[video=youtube;EZGxptI3InY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZGxptI3InY[/video]

[video=youtube;_xi8IRB6y0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xi8IRB6y0Q[/video]

sounds like if the political wrangling to determine a 14th team doesn't produce agreement, the SEC may stalemate expansion, decide to do nothing and vote down ATM.

Back