What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A&M To The SEC Nearly A Done Deal ??

A&M rivals site is reporting it as a done deal to be formally announced on the 22nd. They are going to regret this move five years from now.

There own Rivals site is really sticking their neck out on this. They better hope they are right (I personally think they are going - it's just a matter of when).

Billy Liucci is pretty plugged in, and he says:

@billyliucci Billy Liucci

Regarding the 'done deal' tweet, some outlets are saying A&M-to-SEC done and that's simply not the case. I say that with 100% certainty

I would be very surprised if Texass ended up in either the SEC or Big Ten. Texas is one of those institutions that at least pretends to care about academics - the SEC could care less about edumacation. They would be a much better fit academically in either the Pac-12 or Big Ten. So why not the Big Ten? Just makes absolutely zero geographical sense. And would they play in the "Legends" or the "Leaders" division?? :lol: Obviously UT in the Big Ten would be the Big Ten's wet dream, but I can't see Texas going for it. Iowa would be the closest roadtrip, and do they really want to be playing up in Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Michigan every November? It was hard enough to get them to agree with the occasional trip to Pullman.

I think Texass' first choice would be to stay in the Big 12 - on THEIR terms. If Aggie leaves, they just replace them with somebody else (read: a team of their choice, probably from Texas...TCU?). 2nd choice is probably independent, although that's less attractive now with the restrictions put on the LHN of not showing High School football. 3rd choice...give in and join the Pac-12. A lot will hinge on what OU does, but if this all blows up and we get to scenario #3, strangely enough they will need us (i.e. the Pac-12) a lot more than we need them.

The more logical place for Texas would be the SEC or the Big 10. The SEC has a bunch of schools who are as arrogant as Texas and wouldn't be bothered by them. The Big 10 has a number of schools who have big enough egos to think they could manage a Texas as part of the conference.

In the back of my mind I keep getting a feeling that when it all works out, Texas and Notre Dame end up in the Big 10, talk about a battle of egos if that happens.

I can see KU and Mizzou having appeal. KSU frankly doesn't bring much to the deal, not much tradition, not a strong fan base, not many addition TVs, lousy academics. I know that the general wisdom is that KU and KSU are joined at the hip but if the choice comes down to KU going to an AQ conference solo or the two getting stuck in the MWC or C-USA I can see the kitty fans getting jilted in a heartbeat.

A&M rivals site is reporting it as a done deal to be formally announced on the 22nd. They are going to regret this move five years from now.

wow.

I think OU and Okia st will be going to the Pac before OU ever thinks about the SEC. I think their fans are SEC type but I think the academics side would like to be aligned with the Pac schools. Should be interesting to watch if Larry Scott reacts to this.

OU fan is hella-pissed about this move. They want to keep the Big 12 as it is. They like having all the whipping boys in the conference.

The OU radio guy think OU, OSU, Tech and Texas are all bound for Pac-12. (He's clueless)

So one aggie site says it is a done deal, and one says they definitely are not close to a decision.

Maybe they should just build a bonfire and see if it collapses towards Austin or Baton Rouge.

OU fan is hella-pissed about this move. They want to keep the Big 12 as it is. They like having all the whipping boys in the conference.

The OU radio guy think OU, OSU, Tech and Texas are all bound for Pac-12. (He's clueless)

There goes the neighborhood.
Inland Noob: UT, TT, OU, Okie Light, Arizona, Arizona State, CU and Utah.

Coastal Classic: USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Oregon, Duckie Light, U-dub, Wazzou.

:puke:

The fun thing about all these conversations about the PAC and SEC taking on new members....they have to be invited! They don't purchase a ticket to where they want to go. Texas will never be invited to the PAC. The LHN thing with 20 years of ESPN contract and their obstinance. Larry Scott is a wise man and will be selective. If the Big12 implodes, there will be a scramble. If 16 team super conferences are the end game for college football, CU is in an enviable spot. And Utah. OU has got to be scheming about this. They are the big player that is on the outside. Pity the rest of the Big12 North, tho Mizzou might land nicely by chance. Times are changing.

That would be a disaster and I can't imagine that Utah, ASU, UA, and CU aren't chirping that they won't accept getting booted out of cali

the SEC would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have North Carolina but that would never ... ever happen

NC State is a possibility, though. It's a better fit for the SEC from an academic and football focus standpoint. Plus they have a larger undergrad enrollment.

The fun thing about all these conversations about the PAC and SEC taking on new members....they have to be invited! They don't purchase a ticket to where they want to go. Texas will never be invited to the PAC. The LHN thing with 20 years of ESPN contract and their obstinance. Larry Scott is a wise man and will be selective. If the Big12 implodes, there will be a scramble. If 16 team super conferences are the end game for college football, CU is in an enviable spot. And Utah. OU has got to be scheming about this. They are the big player that is on the outside. Pity the rest of the Big12 North, tho Mizzou might land nicely by chance. Times are changing.

What? Texas has been invited to the PAC twice. I agree that the LHN is a dealbreaker for future invites, but then it just becomes a bargaining chip. I'll say what I always say, "I want nothing to do with a conference that includes Texas," but to say that the PAC would never invite them is just silly.

I am sure if Texas was willing to drop the LHN and was willing to agree to equal revenue sharing - they would be welcomed into the Pac 12, or Pac 16 or whatever it would be called. It remains to be seen whether Texas would accept those terms.

What? Texas has been invited to the PAC twice. I agree that the LHN is a dealbreaker for future invites, but then it just becomes a bargaining chip. I'll say what I always say, "I want nothing to do with a conference that includes Texas," but to say that the PAC would never invite them is just silly.

Bingo

Basically dropping the Big 8 for the SWC with a short year or 2 stint in the pac12 in between... No thanks. I'd prefer the old Big 12 over that.

I think the Big 12 will still stay together, if they can bring in a decent team to replace A&M. Maybe they could snag BYU.

This actually makes a lot of sense. The remaining members of the Big 12 desperately want to stay together and adding BYU would bring an immediate legitimate member who would be easy to snag with no conference affiliation and able to keep their own network.

The lynch pin may be the SEC being able to get a team from the East like FSU or Va Tech. If those schools turn them down and they look West instead to Mizzou then you can put a fork in the Big 12.

This actually makes a lot of sense. The remaining members of the Big 12 desperately want to stay together and adding BYU would bring an immediate legitimate member who would be easy to snag with no conference affiliation and able to keep their own network.

Baylor vs BYU. Baptists vs Mormons. I like it! What would this religious rivalry be called? Just kidding. Interesting idea though.

I am sure if Texas was willing to drop the LHN and was willing to agree to equal revenue sharing - they would be welcomed into the Pac 12, or Pac 16 or whatever it would be called. It remains to be seen whether Texas would accept those terms.

Is that an option Texass even has? They've got contracts signed to do the Bevo network, and I can't imagine they can just walk away. Even if they can dump it, it's going to cost them some $$$

Is that an option Texass even has? They've got contracts signed to do the Bevo network, and I can't imagine they can just walk away. Even if they can dump it, it's going to cost them some $$$

That's a good question. If A&M leaves the conference, is the conference materially altered such that Texas is no longer required to perform? That is the something the Texas attorneys would have to address if the issue came up.

That's a good question. If A&M leaves the conference, is the conference materially altered such that Texas is no longer required to perform? That is the something the Texas attorneys would have to address if the issue came up.

Leaving the UT attorneys in the very uncomfortable position of arguing the crucial importance of aTm in the Big XII conference.... :lol:

Back