What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A&M To The SEC Nearly A Done Deal ??

I hope they keep the annual game with UT. I think this will be a good move for A&M in the long run, they fit better over there.

SWEET, gives CU a few years to establish their football team under Embree, continue to improve in basketball, and when we go into the sixteen team discussion again in a couple years, we can go into it with power, rather than being worried about being an underdog and behind the shadows of other conference mates

Good news: CU fans are happy (won't have to worry about migration of teams to the Pac, and we won't routinely play in Stillwater).

Bad news: Baylor fans are happy. **** Baylor.

both amusing and hopefully keeps the UT crew out of the Pac. i expect the SEC has a bit on infighting, figures out a 14th (or 15 and 16th) team consensus, and this moves ahead down the road. hopefully, by then UT has re-inlfated themselves and goes indy.

A&M will be announced to the SEC tomorrow after they officially apply. The news coming out today does not mean much.

I'm thinking Shaggy's the place to be at the moment. Can't.wait.for.MS.Paint!

SEC is Bill Murray. atm is the first girl.

[video=youtube;lvBg06igCVQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvBg06igCVQ&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

I'm thinking Shaggy's the place to be at the moment. Can't.wait.for.MS.Paint!

I dont go there often, but i took a gander a few minutes ago... good stuff.

I'm trying to think of a good analogy for the situation, but am coming up blank - anyone have anything good?

I dont go there often, but i took a gander a few minutes ago... good stuff.

I'm trying to think of a good analogy for the situation, but am coming up blank - anyone have anything good?

There's really no analogy here. Not in the animal kingdom, not in relationships, not in literature or movies. Aggy is really forging new territory on this one.

No action was taken with respect to any institution including Texas A&M.

If no action was taken on A&M, that tells me they didn't vote no...that would be an action with respect to an institution. Maybe they voted to accept any institution applying for membership that is located in Dallas, has maroon as a primary color and formerly employed a coach named Franchione.

This is not over IMO.

sounds like it's possible that more work/legal wrangling needs to be done so the SEC avoids a breach of contract suit from the Big XII....or something like that. that may be the hold-up this time around. that's just what passes for level-minded sounding posts at texags.com seems to suggest (they hope).

Got Aggie connections myself so I am still hoping aTm goes to the SEC. Anyone here support aTm's burning desire to SEC-ede? I'm one of them....GIG 'EM!

Got Aggie connections myself so I am still hoping aTm goes to the SEC. Anyone here support aTm's burning desire to SEC-ede? I'm one of them....GIG 'EM!

No, just because the Big12-2 staying as is is pretty clearly in the best interest of the Buffs. Don't hate aTm, but their inflated sense of self is pretty easy to find annoying

A&M will be announced to the SEC tomorrow after they officially apply. The news coming out today does not mean much.

Well, that is what some of the Aggies are saying. To avoid "tortious interference" the SEC can't formally invite them. Of course, the rivals A&M guy being interviewed on the radio kept calling it tortEEous interference. The Aggs never fail to live down their rep.

I spoke with a white salamander who had spoken with a burning bush who spoke to the president of the university of south carolina who says this is all legal wrangling, and after the aTm board of regents votes tomorrow to leave the Big Whatever they will be welcomed with open arms by the SEC, who has no idea who they may want for a 14th team.

Back