1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A not so ****** review - Ohio State game

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Buffalo Brad likes this.
  2. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Great review Nik. The OL obviously is struggling and you mention playing Crabb and Lewis. What would be your starting OL the rest of the season?

3. Buffnik

I'm not sure I'd change it. I'd just get some series in for those guys. Dannewitz actually graded out pretty high this week, as did Adkins.

4. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Adkins has graded out above 80% every week... which is utter bull****.

5. Buffnik

I can't say. I haven't watched him specifically.

6. Darth Snow

I haven't for the OSU game, but I did keep an eye on him for the Cal, UH, and part of the CSU game. It was bad.

7. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

How much stock should we put into these OL grades? I think Marshall already said he didn't put much time into doing them.

8. Buffnik

No idea. A lot depends on what goes into the grading, too. Some OL coaches will downgrade a guy for not using the right technique even if he didn't actually get beat, but others are from the "I don't care if you blocked him with your ass" school. Bahktiari, Dannewitz and Adkins got passing grades for OSU while Handler and Miller didn't. Does that mean they played well? I don't know. Could the grades mostly be a motivational tool and it's done on a curve based on who responds to criticism versus who needs positive reinforcement? I don't know.

I would say that Dannewitz has clearly gotten a lot better since the Hawaii game.

9. Darth Snow

Bold 1: I remember now, he had some bad let downs.
    Bold2: He was thrust into a near impossible situation in that game. Shouldn't have gone down like that. But even for that, he's been doing great and getting better every week.

10. Ozbuff

Ozbuff Member

I hope Nembot, Asiata and Mustoe end up being studs.

11. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

Nice balanced write up Nik.

12. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

The glaring issue I saw was hansen's play. I don't buy the "he didn't have enough time" response. I saw him being way too conservative and never really making plays. Of all the players it seemed like he was the most intimidated by the setting of the game (maybe tied with PRich.) I think he personifies the "Hawk-player" most of all. (oh and I've never seen him throw an accurate pass when rolling out to the right.)

What do you think Nik?

13. Buffnik

Hansen had a tough day.

Ohio State schemed us a bit differently than most teams do. They jumped the short and intermediate routes while playing a lot of zone. Much of what was open was down the seam as well as crossing routes and slants. I was surprised that Hansen had the time in the pocket for those routes to develop. The OL really did a nice job protecting, considering the opponent. Except for finding Deehan on the seam pass a few times, I though Hansen was impatient and locked onto receivers instead of going through progressions. He missed a lot of opportunities out there despite having a pretty good stat line against an Ohio State defense.

Regarding the roll outs, the ball is sailing on him. It doesn't look to me like he's squaring his shoulders to the line when throwing on the move.

He's capable of stepping up his game and we need him to.