1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Tatanka™, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Tatanka™

Tatanka™ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
    Tractor likes this.
  2. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

**** yeah. Wish we had more loyal Buffs in CO like hin

Pledge Allegiance to the Swag

3. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

You think some recruits were watching and might want to play for this guy?

4. The Guest

The Guest Guest

So, we're all cool with Miller again? Just wanted to make sure.

And yes, that is an awesome picture. I hope it is framed and hangs large in Dal Ward, and also the homes of Ryan Miller and Coach Embree.

5. Tatanka™

Tatanka™ Well-Known Member

I posted it because I love the passion of our coach. Miller? Meh. Good look to him in his life after football (which began today).

6. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

personally I hope tini's sig with caption is blown up and put everywhere.

7. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

I feel like this could become a great 'caption this' thread

8. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

I love you bro montana
    I love you tito brohey
    I love you Brosef Stalin
    I love you Gary Brosy

9. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Or, we can just let the picture be worth a thousand words as the title stated.

10. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

Nah... funnier with captions.

11. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

They say blood is thicker than water. CU runs through Embree's (and EB's too) veins and it shows. I have heard some of the game announcers say that Embree is one of the most emotional coaches on the sideline and locker room in North America. If I was an 17-18 year old high school football star (I kindof was:) but of course I was too small to play big time FBS), I would be inspired by Embree and his passion for winning at CU.

So my proposed caption is: Blood is thicker than water, come to CU and become a BUFF4Life.

12. jpbuff

jpbuff Active Member

Embry needs to take that picture with him on every recruits home visit and hand it to the recruits mother. Since it's the mother you really need to recruit.

13. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

When we have a roster filled with guys who want it as much as Embree does, we'll be back.

14. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

LOVE IT ! Bout damn time we some CU love... true love not that bull **** "s*****w" love

15. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Miller actually played a decent game yesterday, played with a little more aggression. If he had another year with this staff ?

His football career is definately not over. With his measurables he is going to make some team fall in love with him at the combine. He won't be a first rounder or likely even a second but 3rd to 4th is a very good bet. From there teams don't like to admit it if a pick that high doesn't work out so he will be on a roster for at least one year if not a couple. With the right O-Line coach they can continue to coach the Hawkins out of his system and Ryan could end up with a decent NFL career.

As to the picture, it does show the true essence of Embree. He is a guy who lives on pure emotion. He doesn't have any hidden agendas, he doesn't have the "public face" and the "private face." What you see is what you get.

There is also no "my guys" and "his guys" only "Buffs." Either you're a Buff or not a Buff and if your a Buff you're all in and he's all in with you.

Some of the seniors have talked about this as well. How easy it would have been for Embree like a lot of other coaches to write them off and go with his guys but he didn't. He did everything he could to make them Buffs in the true sense of the word. Down the road these guys are going to be the HS coaches or at least in contact with the HS coaches and you can't buy the benefits of this kind of feeling and loyalty that he inspires.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  16. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

17. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

fify, since he's gonna get drafted

18. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Creaweenie trashed him last week but now he's so proud..:rolling_eyes:

19. Quattro

No I stand the same way but it would be nice to have the same in state loyalty as he did.

20. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Players leave state. CU has many players who "unloyal' to their state including speedy and rippy. CU has been awful for 6 years and 4 games, hard to keep them home.

21. Quattro

So you don't think it would be nice if we had the in state loyalty like LSU has and we have O'Connor, Thurston, Baylis and Co committed right now?

22. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Give LSU a Hawkins for close to 5 years and you would see talent fleeing Louisiana like cockroaches fleeing a light.

23. buffalo30

buffalo30 Active Member

Good stuff in this post. I came close to crossing the line in giving up on the seniors. Coach Embree never gave up on them. They came of age as Colorado Buffaloes in 2 of their last 3 games. One at home and one on the road. I think Embree is accomplishing what he wants to accomplish regarding morale, attitude, and culture. I believe it will show up in the wins versus losses next season.

24. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

GB had a philosophy that basically says a team will only go as far as the players want to take themselves. Embree's buys into this, too.

The Utah upset was a prime example of the CU players (finally) imposing a victory over an opponent. This is the culture that Embree worked all season to instill within the seniors.
    How this culture transfers over to Polk and Major and juniors will be interesting to observe in 2012.

If this team can sustain a player led nasty streak with everyone looking for ways to win games, Embree will have accomplished alot towards restoring the program

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011