1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A win is a win

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Duff Man, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Kudos to Kiesau for figuring out that pounding the rock was the way to go. Lockridge needs to get more carries. Still unsure how well Hansen is playing, considering we only went downfield a couple times.

The downside to this game is the amount of penalties/turnovers, we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot.

I have never seen a more uninspired 2-1 start.

2. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

The second half gave me everything I needed to see.

Two tailbacks went over 100 yards.
    When Hawaii put 8 in the box, Hansen goes vertical on a nice TD to Clemons.

The o-line executes some effective blocking schemes at the goal line.

Offensive penalties were cleaned up.

Half time might have been the moment Hawkins hit rock bottom.

I'm not saying CUHCDH has turned a corner. This might very well have been a dead cat bounce. But I'm 100 percent certain the rate in which CU has been sinking into the abyss has slowed down for atleast 13 days.

Those throwback jersey's looked great when worn with smashmouth up the middle running.

ESPN could use the safety and the McKnight rebound TD on their highlight reel. It's nice to see thirty minutes of CU football that was actually fun to watch.

3. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Very nice 2nd half and I loved seeing the success on the ground, but it hardly gives me great optimism for the rest of the season. This was Hawaii, folks.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'm going to enjoy the win. At least for today, no need to be negative or think about the next one (or next season).

5. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

All Im thinking about is Georgia, sorry if im not too excited with a win against Hawaii. We got shut out in the first half by one the worst defenses in the country.