1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aaron Baltazar '15 Signee

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by HawaiiBUFF, Feb 4, 2016.

1. HawaiiBUFF

HawaiiBUFF Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what ever happened to this kid? Seemed like a solid get for our team and has since disappeared.

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

never made it on the team.

3. WasianCU

WasianCU Club Member Club Member

Failed to qualify.

4. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Sad story. That window closes as the eligibility clock doesn't stop. I wish that if a kid needs to get eligible, that the clock would stop. Some kids take awhile to finally get it.

5. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

I agree that makes no sense. The clock only starts after he enrolls, right? At least that makes sense, and is backed up by the Eligibility Coach, although I can't vouch for her accuracy. So if he didn't qualify, he didn't enroll...
    "The most important thing to understand about the five-year clock in NCAA Division I is that is starts once the student-athlete enrolls full-time at any collegiate educational institution [two-year or four-year institution]. Once the five-year clock starts, it does not stop."

6. AeroBuff99

AeroBuff99 Club Member Club Member

His only option at this point is D-II. There the eligibility is per semester and has no timeline. They just count the number of semesters that you are enrolled in school. You get 10 semesters to complete your 4 seasons of eligibility. If you are not enrolled, the time doesn't count.

7. zbuff

Lots of guys go JUCO so you're not quite right, but my only point was that his clock doesn't start until he enrolls somewhere, not where his options are.

8. WasianCU

WasianCU Club Member Club Member

He was enrolled at Boise State as part of the 2013 class so his clock already had started.

9. AeroBuff99

AeroBuff99 Club Member Club Member

Your D-I clock starts the moment you enroll in any school, including D-II, D-III, NAIA, or JUCO. You have 5 years to complete 4 years of eligibility. D-II only counts the semesters you were enrolled. So Baltazar had 1 year at BSU, then 1 at Juco, then one off as far as we know. That gives him 2 to play 2. But because he failed to qualify, he may have problems elsewhere and may not meet the required progress towards a degree requirements for D-I.

10. zbuff

I'd managed to forget that bit of history. Thanks.