1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admit Everyone

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by bombay, Oct 27, 2012.

1. bombay

bombay Club Member Club Member

That Kansas St would admit. We're so far behind the 8-ball in the ability to recruit that a radical change is needed. Would you feel that your degree was somehow lessened by allowing 6 or 8 mercenary athletes to go with the ones that have slightly better grades? I wouldn't. We aren't an Ivy. I want to see Ws and this is a shortcut I would be willing to take. If we have sustained success for a decade, maybe you'll be overwhelmed with student-athletes who qualify in everyway, and the standards automatically raise themselves. For now, we are truly beggars.

2. Alfred91

Alfred91 Club Member Club Member

Yeah.

Pass the pipe, dude.

3. branjohb

branjohb Member

Kansas State is ......

winning because of great coaching and talented athletes, not because of six to eight mercenary athletes. They are good across the board and lot of that credit goes to Snyder.

If institutions with much higher standards and better academic performance can win (Notre Dame, Stanford, Cal, USC, etc.) Cu should at least put out a mediocre product.

4. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

yes, bitch.

5. bombay

I'll give you that in Snyder's case, it's great coaching in addition to the mercenery athletes. the guy consistantly does more with less.

6. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

Doesn't Kansas State have a large amount of JUCO transfers? Obviously that fixes your problems short term, but then the long term is still going to be there and I wonder how Snyder will do in a few years once those JUCO's are completely out of the mix?

7. bombay

So we've found a threshhold under which we will not pass? With the desire for Petrino, general desparation, etc. I'm kind of curious where the line is.

8. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

Even if we did, what makes you think they would come here?