1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After two weeks, the strength of the team appears to be the defense

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sackman, Sep 8, 2008.

1. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Who'da thunk it, given all that we heard about how great this offense was supposed to be this year?

2. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

If memory serves they've only given up one long touchdown drive so far this season. Out of the 5 touchdowns scored on them 1 was a kickoff return, another a INT for a touchdown, two off of turnovers and a short field to go. The 1 was EW's opening drive wasn't it?

3. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

The defense has been a very nice suprise. They gave up some yds yesterday in the passing game but with those types of offenses who throw 60 times a game,you are going to give up a bunch of yds.

csu game- 17 points- 1KR for td, td after cu int /24 yd drive and a fg.
    Really can say the defense gve up 3.

EW- 24 points- 7 from INT for td,7 after a fumbled punt,27 yd drive.
    Really only gave up 10

Very happy with defense,still think cb play could be better and the DL needs more pressure but can't complain otherwise.

4. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

We are allowing the QB too much time. If this continues the Big 12 QB's will really look forward to playing us. We have the guys on the D-line, I wish they could be more aggressive.

5. zonabuff

zonabuff Guest

We have still only played CSU and EWU. They pretty much took care of business, but I'm waiting to make a judgement on the defense. The offense is going to have to show some serious mettle in the very near future, because the challenges for the defense are going to be on a steep incline for a few games.

6. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

There are times I agree here, and others not so much....EWU threw the ball so quickly on most routes that there was no opportunity to get to the QB unless we blitzed...from what I've seen in the 2 games we haven't blitzed hardly at all

7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

We blitzed more against EWU than against CSU. EWU picked up the blitzes well, though. The front 4 really have to do a better job of applying consistent pressure for us to be successful, long term. It's a numbers game - four down linemen against five offensive linemen and a quarterback. That's four on 5, which means 7 defenders to cover 5 eligible receivers. Get the pressure from the front four, and everything else takes care of itself.

8. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

:yeahthat:

I agree that the defense is ahead of the offense right now but I'm not going to consider them a strength until we see how they do over the next 4 games.