What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Afternoon practice - August 4th

My additions and Re-affirmations:

Tylers footwork is sooo much better than the other Qb's its almost scary. He looked good.

Nembot is just funny to watch. So raw. Reminds me of The guy in Blind side when he went to his first practice.

Ill take my bias away and say under pressure all 3 punters were about equal. But they had Darragh run the fake punt haha. When they Punted without pressure Darragh was the most consistent. ZG had some boomers but a decent amount of shanks. And Brundage was a little more consistent but behind Darragh.

Vonnie's layout catch was about the only thing that got a rouse out of the crowd.

And on top of it all I ****ing love watching Embo and EB get on people its so awesome! If anyone took one lazy step they heard about it.

Cant wait til they put the pads on!

Go BUFFS!

Nembot, #90. He's going to be a beast with some good coaching. Dude is huge.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-04 at 8.13.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-04 at 8.13.24 PM.png
    265.2 KB · Views: 84
Sounds like McCulloch might turn out to be a really nice late addition to the class.

Corners held up well today in 7v7 with no pass rush.

Darden actually showed a little.

Poston not big. Pericek dwarfs him. Huge arms.
Ahles and Harrington look the part but until contact starts it's meaningless.
Hansen looks short now that he is surrounded by tall QBs.
Past years, guys with noticeable bulk-increases stood out. This year, more fitness it seems.
Embree pretty active with receiver drills.
Slavin looks a lot like Deehan in ball drills.

"We're going to hit you hard. We're going to break bones," Miller said. "That is the new offense."

Yes Please :smile2:

Bufffaholic (or anyone else opening threads about practices) - can you maybe put the date in the header to avoid confusion? Thanks for your report!

Bad Thad was at practice too. I was hoping Givens would come back so we could put him at Guard next year. Ruh roh

Bad Thad was at practice too. I was hoping Givens would come back so we could put him at Guard next year. Ruh roh

Bad Thad is awesome, hung out with him a couple times while I was in school. Feel like he had more in the tank than he showed on the field during his career.

The news on Givens is very disappointing, especially for something like robbery.

Bad Thad is awesome, hung out with him a couple times while I was in school. Feel like he had more in the tank than he showed on the field during his career.

The news on Givens is very disappointing, especially for something like robbery.

Did you happen to see his date of birth on that arrest report? 8/2/89. He turned 21 on Tuesday. Wednesday he's booked for robbery. What a dumbass.

Did you happen to see his date of birth on that arrest report? 8/2/89. He turned 21 on Tuesday. Wednesday he's booked for robbery. What a dumbass.

Well, he turned 22, but who's counting.:wink2:

Still pretty dumb to get arrested on or around your birthday. He appears to have some issues with alcohol.

how do you go from kicking some cars to robbery?. I hope its alcohol related and not just being an ass.

I cant read cause my Adobe keeps ****ing up. Man just seems like this guy has a mental conditon or something. Kinda like something is not right or missing. Alcohol just makes **** like that worse. I dont know that's the case with him, im just familiar with someone who is that way.

The reports of the attack do not put him in a good light considering his past issues. Some moronic actions by him and his friend (if true).

Well, he turned 22, but who's counting.:wink2:

Still pretty dumb to get arrested on or around your birthday. He appears to have some issues with alcohol.

Heh. Yeah. Bad math. No, I'm not a teller anymore. I'm not actually in charge of counting anything. :lol:

gleeb gun shot at all those with practice reports. Us folks who are far away appreciate your efforts.

Oh, and I'll send a welcome rep to Newt as soon as he brings me a sammich and a beer.

gleeb gun shot at all those with practice reports. Us folks who are far away appreciate your efforts.

Oh, and I'll send a welcome rep to Newt as soon as he brings me a sammich and a beer.

^^Amen to that.^^

how do you go from kicking some cars to robbery?. I hope its alcohol related and not just being an ass.

This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Being drunk makes absolutely no difference on the stupidity of a person's actions or their ultimate responsibility. If anything I hope it is not alcohol related because then that is one less issue to deal with on the road to getting his head on straight.

Was able to swing by for a bit of the practice yesterday afternoon. While I'll leave the reporting to those who have provided much better analysis, I will add this. I was happy to see that the parts of the session I saw were all business. Coaches were upbeat, but efficient with critiques that were to the point. There wasn't much rah-rah, and no whimsical philosophy that I could detect.
Getting up close for the line work with coaches Tui and McGhee was pretty cool, and I even got a picture of my umbrella with Parker and Nembot on AllBuffs for my effort!

Hoping to make it up for one of the scrimmages and looking forward to more great Allbuffs camp reports between now and the season.

This has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Being drunk makes absolutely no difference on the stupidity of a person's actions or their ultimate responsibility. If anything I hope it is not alcohol related because then that is one less issue to deal with on the road to getting his head on straight.
Luckily, I'm a happy drunk.

UPDATE August 5th:

EB dropped 5 F bombs in the first 5 minutes... it was awesome

Punting: The O-Line was horrible so all 3 guys were under immense amounts of pressure
All three hit one really good ball and two average.
They had Darragh do the rugby punt and the Fake punt pass in which he threw a perfect spiral and made the completion haha.

One thing I noticed is that the ball makes a whole different sound when Tyler MCulloch* catches the ball. His hands are huge and the ball just sticks. So far he looks like the best freshman reciever.

Logan Gray runs really sharp routes.

Castor hit some decent kicks at the beginning of practice but the ball just doesn't spin like its supposed to when he hits it.

I left a little early so thats all I can remember today if you ask about a specific player or something i might be able to tell you a few things.

Oh and best of all it was good seeing Nik again

Back