1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agent-gate

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by GoldenBuff, Jul 21, 2010.

1. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

I'm sure almost everyone is aware of the NCAA's new crusade against inappropriate contact with agents. It became relevant to us when we got in the race for the USC receiver but now things are really blowing up. Andy Staples just tweeted the following:

So North Carolina State, USC, South Carolina, Florida, and Alabama have all been mentioned in this so far and now Georgia joins them. Might this have some impact on our date with them this season? How many schools are going to come out of this having had some dirty laundry exposed? I have a feeling things are gonna get pretty interesting.

2. Sportsfan101

Sportsfan101 Active Member

I guess the only good news coming off a bad year is that the agents stay away from the CU program like the plague.

3. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

I believe North Carolina is involved in this thing too, could be wrong on that. I get that some agents and how they operate is dirty. I agree with Saban to a point, specifically on someway to suspend agents who do this kind of stuff. However, I think playing the victim card for the players is garbage. They know damn well they arent supposed to take money or anything else from agents. The agent stuff should be cleaned up but the players should have accountability as well.

4. GoldenBuff

GoldenBuff Club Member Club Member

5. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

How do you hold the players accountable? If it's their sr year they just go pro.

6. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

How funny the SEC pres wants rule changes for players/agents. Why, because you're finally getting caught?

7. Nor Cal Buff

Nor Cal Buff Well-Known Member

Given that the NCAA basically provides a free development system for the NFL, perhaps the NCAA and NFL can work something out where the penalties would be carried over for players in the NFL.

8. BuffLuKe

Thats the real question and I dont have an answer really. I guess yank their schollie or indefinite suspension. To me, it sucks because one selfish ahole takes money and the whole program pays for it. It cant be fixed completely, somebody will always buck the system. Wish I had a better answer to your question.

9. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

As much as that sounds logical, I doubt it will ever happen.

10. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

If they violate the law, cut off their balls. That would put a stop to it.

11. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

This...you have got to believe the SEC is dirtier than hell. There is no way you have those rabid fanbases whose live and die with the team (anybody read the book Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer?) and keep anything wrong from happening. It is just a whole 'nother level down there.

They are great people who love their teams (so don't get me wrong about the average joe fan in the SEC - great, great fans), but it is so big time that odds are there are some very crooked folks getting involved with these kids.

12. dallasga6

dallasga6 Member

Wassup guys...

I signed up on here a coupla days ago... Big UGA fan, just wanted to say thanks to all who welcomed me aboard. I just emerged from my fall-out shelter. By the way I wouldn't recommend two days of PBR & Slim Jims to anyone.... Starting to look like my Dawgs will come outta agent-gate unscathed (fingers crossed). A.J. Green wasn't in Miami for 'da party from all reports (or at least he has an alibi). If that's all the NCAA is sniffing around for in Athens we are O.K & should be in good shape heading into Boulder... Been a hell'uva couple of days down here in the SEC... Y'all don't know what y'all are missing...LOL...

Still a little weirdness going on tho... Can't figure out why Nicky, Urban & Spurrier can comment at SEC Media Days but the Ncaa told our program to hush when questioned by the media... Good?? Bad?? I haven't an idea. Guess we'll see.... Hope we have enough players left to travel to Folsom Field tho...

Oh Well.... as the classic greeting cards used to say.... WISH Y'ALL WERE HERE...LOL.... OCT. the 2nd... We'll see ya full strength or not...LOL... Good Luck Men...

[​IMG]

13. Buffsoldier

Buffsoldier Well-Known Member

I said it in some other thread, but I think at some point you're going to see the university in question start suing any particular player that does this. It would not surprise me one bit to see SC sue Reggie Bush for umpteen million dollars in civil court for "tarnishing the institutions athletic reputation and integrity" or something like that. Basically hang a few dead crows on the fence to scare the rest of the bad birds away. I think DBT brought up the likelihood of repercussions in the recruiting department, which is a seriously legit concern, but how much of a hit has SC (using them specifically) taken in the recruiting now just because of Bush's actions?

14. BuffLuKe

Heard the same type of thing discussed and it might very well happen.