What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Aggy QB Kyle Allen announces he's transferring

So every time I read this thread title I see

Angry QB Kyle Allen announces he's transferring

Then I wonder what he's angry about, and if we want someone with anger issues. Then I think, the fact the he's an aggie explains a.... oh.

5 Landing Spots for Transfer QB Kyle Allen

Oklahoma
West Virginia
Houston
Arizona State
COLORADO

Now we're getting into programs where the connections are a little—or a lot—more dim. Still, Colorado could be an interesting landing spot for Allen if there's mutual interest.

The Buffs meet the two key parts of Allen's criteria: They play in a Power Five conference and their starting quarterback, Sefo Liufau, will be a senior in 2016. Head coach Mike MacIntyre has actually done a nice job with the program, but the results haven't quite been there.

Still, this is an offense in which Allen could thrive. The Buffs have been a pass-heavy team as of late, but that's due in part to the fact they play from behind so often. Allen has all the tools to succeed throwing the ball and his underrated ability to scramble would add an extra dimension to the offense.

Oklahoma
West Virginia
Houston
Arizona State
COLORADO

Now we're getting into programs where the connections are a little—or a lot—more dim. Still, Colorado could be an interesting landing spot for Allen if there's mutual interest.

The Buffs meet the two key parts of Allen's criteria: They play in a Power Five conference and their starting quarterback, Sefo Liufau, will be a senior in 2016. Head coach Mike MacIntyre has actually done a nice job with the program, but the results haven't quite been there.

Still, this is an offense in which Allen could thrive. The Buffs have been a pass-heavy team as of late, but that's due in part to the fact they play from behind so often. Allen has all the tools to succeed throwing the ball and his underrated ability to scramble would add an extra dimension to the offense.

Why must they tease us like this???

Oklahoma
West Virginia
Houston
Arizona State
COLORADO

Also, he is from Arizona and therefore gets to play in front of his friends/family...

He certainly has talent, could be a difference maker for us.

Also is a big enough name that getting him could also open some doors with other kids from his region. Give us some cred in terms of recruiting. Just in time for DC to make an impact recruiting that area?

I feel like this question needs to be asked...QB is a unique leadership position on any football team - do we want to take a QB who quit on his previous team? I'm not arguing either side at this point, but in my mind, this is different than a graduate transfer. This is a guy who competed and lost (or, at least, didn't clearly win) a QB battle with another talented player. Seems like he's quitting on those teammates. Can he be a leader on his next team? Does he need to be?

I feel like this question needs to be asked...QB is a unique leadership position on any football team - do we want to take a QB who quit on his previous team? I'm not arguing either side at this point, but in my mind, this is different than a graduate transfer. This is a guy who competed and lost (or, at least, didn't clearly win) a QB battle with another talented player. Seems like he's quitting on those teammates. Can he be a leader on his next team? Does he need to be?
I'm not really sure that is the reason for the transfer. Kyler Murray, the projected starter, is also transferring. It seems to me that something is off in College Station right now. Lots of players and recruits bailing.

Edit: NW beat me to it.

If he comes to CU, he's smart. If he goes to Nebraska, he's a quitter.

I think given the fact that aTm is losing two QBs says that there is a bigger mess that the players are trying to get away from.

They have had four QBs transfer in the last two years. Definitely an aggy issue.

I don't see any difference between this and an NFL free agent quarterback. Athletes are going to find the best situation for themselves (like anyone else). I just want CU to be the best situation for more athletes.

"Colorado State, Colorado, Nebraska, Syracuse, West Virginia, Houston, Oklahoma, Texas and UCF have reached out. Allen confirmed his release keeps him from transferring to any SEC programs or future opponents of Texas A&M.

With a host of schools coming for him, Allen noted four schools that have made him a priority.

"Colorado State, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Houston are the four I talk to the most," Allen said. "I don't want to call them my top four, but I'm going to look harder at the schools talking to me the most.""

"Colorado State, Colorado, ****braska, Syracuse, West Virginia, Houston, Oklahoma, Texas and UCF have reached out. Allen confirmed his release keeps him from transferring to any SEC programs or future opponents of Texas A&M.

With a host of schools coming for him, Allen noted four schools that have made him a priority.

"Colorado State, ****braska, Oklahoma and Houston are the four I talk to the most," Allen said. "I don't want to call them my top four, but I'm going to look harder at the schools talking to me the most.""
Whattaya know. Maybe this kid has a bullsh*t attitude after all.

One of his high school coaches went to CSU, that's why they are even mentioned. It's not gonna happen...

Back