1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alec Burks

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by BehindEnemyLines, Nov 30, 2012.

1. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Got home late from an out of town gymnastics meet. Clicked on the boob tube and found the Thunder/Jazz game, at the 7:30 mark of the 4th quarter.

Burks was playing, but still doesn't look really involved in the offense. He was playing the wing, typically off-side, and seemed to be more of a decoy.

One sequence was absolute gold. Perkins caught a pass about under the basket, went up for a lay in, and was blocked from behind by Alec. The Thunder regained control and a player made a pass to the right wing, but Burks intercepted it and took off on a break away, only to have his lay up blocked from behind by Ibaka.

The whole sequence outta be on espin :lol:

2. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Admittedly don't get many Jazz games here and don't follow that organization closely, but looks like his minutes have gone way down this year. Getting extremely minimal time... Not a good sign.

3. ZKobalt

ZKobalt Well-Known Member

He's been terrible this year, no surprise he hasn't gotten much PT.

4. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Another "left too early" mistake?

5. ZKobalt

ZKobalt Well-Known Member

Nah, he left at the right time. He was a lottery pick, and when you're a lottery pick, you have to go pro. Utah tried to play at PG this year, and that was a disaster. Just can't find the PT with guys like Williams, Hayward, Foye, Tinsley, (even Earl Watson) above him.

6. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Yep. I seem to be as hesitant as they come on this board in terms of when I think our guys should go pro (I try to judge it as non-selfishly as possible) but given the realities of how absurdly favorable that draft was (it was downright weak, to be frank) and that Alec was assured of being a lottery pick....you have to make the leap in that situation.

7. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

Thought I read he is available for trade. Maybe a change of scenery will help. Hang in there Alec.