1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All those threads on new recruits from BB...

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Darth Snow, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

And not one DT.... :smile2:

btw, thx BB!

2. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

:lol:

FWIW, I think Jalen Grimble out of Las Vegas and Nathan Hughes out of the Houston area are good candidates to pack on weight and be DTs at the next level.

Also want to point out that while the recruiting results have been disappointing, you have to credit the staff for offering the best of the best. We seem to be hitting CA, TX, and OH hard thus far.

3. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Sounds good to me. Add in LA and that is one hell of a group of pipeline states. And yes, I agree that a couple of those guys are great candidates to grow into DT's... but no real JUMBOS that would satisfy Syko.

So all Hawk has to do is win and we roll in the recruits right? YESSS

4. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Good work BB. I was gonna ask about the de from Vegas ending up at dt until I read this. Thanx again.

5. Duff Man

Two names to remember for DT: Todd Peat Jr. and Mo Latu. Both are bigger guys out of the Phoenix area at schools we have recruited in the past. Would not be surprised if the coaches make some visits down there during the Spring evaluation period.

LongHaulBuff likes this.
  6. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

All this talk about DT's and Syko hasnt posted? Thats a miracle in itself. We need all the help in the trenches we can get so hope that happens.

7. NW Buff

NW Buff Club Member Club Member

BB, do you think this is part of this coaching staff's problem? We seem to offer a bunch of great guys every year and then miss out on them. Then we're left with picking up what we can because any player who we maybe had a realistic shot at is already committed elsewhere. I'm all for aiming high but there has to be some sense of reality in there.

Of course, winning might help.

8. Duff Man

Not really a problem right now. We have not offered many kids, so it figures that the kids we have offered are going to be the cream of the crop. The kids with offers at this juncture are the "can't miss" prospects, these are the types of kids you can almost offer sight unseen.

The Spring evaluation period will tell us a bit more. That is when coaches can visit high schools and take the time to meet kids, coaches, watch film, etc. It allows the coaches to get a more in-depth look at kids who do not jump off the screen immediately. It also allows coaches to get players they are interested in to come to camps to earn offers.