What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

AM 1510 Leads off with fusker Douche, More CU to come

Re: Boycott AM 1510 (or at least "The Score")

Actually, I think the story goes that Osborne voted CU fourth, and I have heard from several within the media and CU AD that he admitted it. GA Tech won the poll by one point.

What did he say about it on the show? Prick. If he hadn't have done that I would have ALOT more respect for him.

I can't provide any "proof" but I did grab this tidbit from wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1990_NCAA_Division_I-A_football_season

If I'm not mistaken, Colorado played 4 teams that finished in the top 12 that season, and additionally played 4 different conference champions.

Georgia Tech, to their credit, beat the snot out of a nebraska team that gave up 90 points in its last two games, and finished their season without a loss. They did the most they could with their schedule, but it wasn't much of a schedule.

The GT fans I meet are fond of pointing out the infamous 5th down. Would we have won that game without it? Who knows, the officials denied us the chance to find out. I'm pretty sure, however, that Charles Johnson (the QB obviously, not the receiver) wouldn't have spiked the ball 4th, if he knew it was in fact 4th down. In fact, he spiked the ball twice in that stand.

If I remember right, we pasted the fuskers in their big, red bloodied stadium.

Admitted to voting GT ahead of CU or admitted to voting CU #3?

He admitted voting GT #1. He said that he thought GT was the better team. A couple years later when it was NU's turn, he was crying to support your own confrence.

I made the mistake of listening to the interview.
Osborne is in town whoring his new book.
Les asked Osborne about the CU/knu rivalry and he still to this day denies it.
Also stands by his vote for Ga Tech.
What a f u c ki n g phoney.

They should have tried to debut their show with Mac instead of Osborne. Tom probably gave them an stained autographed book. Can't imagine anyone buying it unless there a Butthusker. :wow:

he knew the balance of power in the new big 12 would shift to the south, so what does he do? He retires shortly after the Big 12 is formed.

Regular season scores:
Nebraska 69 Oklahoma 7
Nebraska 29 Texas Tech 0
Nebraska 54 Texas A&M 15

1997 season records:
Texas 4-7
Oklahoma 4-8

He is a genius to be able to see the future like that considering the scores and records at the time. He is much smarter than I thought.
That P***y.

****. Did this get linked to ****erpedia?

Actually, I think the story goes that Osborne voted CU fourth, and I have heard from several within the media and CU AD that he admitted it. GA Tech won the poll by one point.

What did he say about it on the show? Prick. If he hadn't have done that I would have ALOT more respect for him.

If he voted GT #1, fine, whatever. I think he's wrong, obviously. All CU fans do.

However, I don't have a problem with that. Now, if he voted CU anything lower than #2, then I'm seriously hating him. The thing is, I've yet to see any proof that he voted CU lower than #2...

If he voted GT #1, fine, whatever. I think he's wrong, obviously. All CU fans do.

However, I don't have a problem with that. Now, if he voted CU anything lower than #2, then I'm seriously hating him. The thing is, I've yet to see any proof that he voted CU lower than #2...

Mania, have you ever subjected yourself to a Myers Briggs test? I don't think I've ever known (insomuch as we know each other on Allbuffs) a more pronounced "sensor".

On the subject of J-Fly's transfer, you would not acknowledge that Smith's circumstances were any different than Clemons'. In your mind all tranfers were equal, and you refused to seriously entertain any situational factors.

In this particular thread, I get the impression that you will remain skeptical until Coach Osborne himself showsyou his 1990/91 UPI ballot.

I guess that's okay. Too often fans want to accept evidence that justifies their world view, without any critical analysis. On the other hand, there are two sides of that spectrum...

Holden: You're in a desert, walking along in the sand, when all of a sudden you look down...
Leon: What one?
Holden: What?
Leon: What desert?
Holden: It doesn't make any difference what desert, it's completely hypothetical.
Leon: But, how come I'd be there?
Holden: Maybe you're fed up. Maybe you want to be by yourself. Who knows? You look down and see a tortoise, Leon. It's crawling toward you...
Leon: Tortoise? What's that?
Holden: [irritated by Leon's interruptions] You know what a turtle is?
Leon: Of course!
Holden: Same thing.
Leon: I've never seen a turtle... But I understand what you mean.
Holden: You reach down and you flip the tortoise over on its back, Leon.
Leon: Do you make up these questions, Mr. Holden? Or do they write 'em down for you?
Holden: The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.
Leon: [angry at the suggestion] What do you mean, I'm not helping?
Holden: I mean you're not helping! Why is that, Leon?
[Leon has become visibly shaken]
Holden: They're just questions, Leon. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response... Shall we continue?

So do you or don't you have a problem with voting GT #1?:huh:
EDIT: Nevermind, I read it wrong, I thinkn I see what you mean now.

Last edited:

Holden: They're just questions, Leon. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response... Shall we continue?

"If you could only see what I've seen with your eyes..."

On the subject of J-Fly's transfer, you would not acknowledge that Smith's circumstances were any different than Clemons'.

Bullcrap. I acknowledged the differences, but you on the otherhand, refused to acknowledge the similarities. As I stated then, I didn't think the differences were large enough to warrant such a vast difference in reactions.

As far as this subject is concerned, it sounds more like an urban myth than anything else. Very similar to the myth that so many Husker fans believe about urine bombs. That myth, IMO, is absolutely BS and I don't believe it. I also haven't seen any evidence of Ozzy voting CU lower than #2.

Bullcrap. I acknowledged the differences, but you on the otherhand, refused to acknowledge the similarities. As I stated then, I didn't think the differences were large enough to warrant such a vast difference in reactions.

As far as this subject is concerned, it sounds more like an urban myth than anything else. Very similar to the myth that so many Husker fans believe about urine bombs. That myth, IMO, is absolutely BS and I don't believe it. I also haven't seen any evidence of Ozzy voting CU lower than #2.

Disagree. I believe I wrote about one line on the matter, you pointed out the hypocracy and I conceded. Not sure how you arrived at the conclusion you did, but feel free to quote any posts you find particularly damning.

Osborne is a pussy. For one, the reason he voted GT #1 is because he didn't want Mac to win a mnc before he did. Second, he knew the balance of power in the new big 12 would shift to the south, so what does he do? He retires shortly after the Big 12 is formed. ****ing pussy of a coach and a cheater who hides his players guns and steroid use. **** that devil of a pussy muther ****ing loser coach, **** him! Oh and **** Nebraska!
:lol: I love this website!!!!:lol:

Changed the threat title. Since I read today that 1510 and The Score are going to dedicate to CU athletics as a primary focus, I'm going to try to move past how pissed I was about Tom "Hide the Gun & Screw CU" Osborne being the first guest. This format could be really good for CU.

Changed the threat title. Since I read today that 1510 and The Score are going to dedicate to CU athletics as a primary focus, I'm going to try to move past how pissed I was about Tom "Hide the Gun & Screw CU" Osborne being the first guest. This format could be really good for CU.

if you could actually get the signal down in highlands ranch

Actually, the signal's pretty iffy when I'm in my car in Boulder too. They really need to buy a bigger torch. I'm going to listen online, though.

i mean that signal is weaker the new troll smack

Glad to hear 1510 is going that route. And yeah, they need a couple more hamsters for the wheel running their transmitter.

As for the thread title, changing the title of your post doesn't change the thread title. For that you'll need a mod or admin. Post what you want it changed to and I'll bet somebody will hook it up for you.... :thumbsup:

Say what you want about BoBig, he is a Fusker and Fuskers suck, but he also has a sense of humor. For that I say, well done BoBo. Now go back to that sh*t-hole you call a state. :smile2:

As for the thread title, changing the title of your post doesn't change the thread title. For that you'll need a mod or admin. Post what you want it changed to and I'll bet somebody will hook it up for you.... :thumbsup:

Thanks.

I just went back to my original post and noticed that it's edited on top, but the actual Title is the same on the CU Football forum thread list.

Anyway, Mod/Admin powerbrokers, here's what I tried to change it to:

:angry: Osborne 1st Guest on AM 1510 ("The Score")

To be fair, the first guest did generate a response from the CU fans....

Armstrong is a joke now and was back on The Fan previously. He is a total retard when it comes to CU. I vote boycott until he's gone. Who gives a crap about osborne's book?

I like that Klatt and Ketchman (??) show in the afternoon... but the signal blows (and they just gave the station the Avs and Nugz again :cry:)

I like that Klatt and Ketchman (??) show in the afternoon... but the signal blows (and they just gave the station the Avs and Nugz again :cry:)

Is this station an affiliate of Altitude? If so, I wonder if we can expect to see the Buffs on TV for the 2-3 games a year that aren't normally televised. This year, that would be Wyoming, KSU and ISU, most likely.

Is this station an affiliate of Altitude? If so, I wonder if we can expect to see the Buffs on TV for the 2-3 games a year that aren't normally televised. This year, that would be Wyoming, KSU and ISU, most likely.

Altitude isn't a big 12 television partner. If the networks that have contracts with the big 12 don't pick it up, the schools can't shop the game around to other networks.

That being said, Altitude is a MWC partner I think, so maybe they (or The Mountain) could pick up the Wyoming game. But I doubt it.

Altitude isn't a big 12 television partner. If the networks that have contracts with the big 12 don't pick it up, the schools can't shop the game around to other networks.

This is something I don't understand at all. I get the fact that the Big 12 has a contract with FSN, and that's cool. But if a game isn't going to be televised, why shouldn't a school have the ability to work a deal with a local sports affiliate? Absurd.

Back