1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And then ... depression set in ...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by MontanaBuff, Nov 29, 2009.

1. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

... Colorado's 2009 combined record in Big 12 play: 6-34.

In the big three of college sports, football, men's basketball, and women's basketball, the Buffs finished fifth (B12 North), 12th and 12th in 2009. The men's combined conference wins (two for FB; one for MBB) was matched by the three wins from WBB.

No other school in the conference was even close to having as bad a year. The 11th "best" school in the Big 12 was Texas Tech, which went 14-26 (three conference wins in MBB; six in WBB; five in FB), a full eight games better than Colorado.

The only other schools with a combined losing record this calendar year are Baylor and Iowa State (18-22) and Oklahoma State (19-21). Nebraska and Missouri each broke even at 20-20.

2010 can't get here soon enough. Then again, the men's and women's teams are again picked to finish last or close to last, and the football team, well ... you know the rest ... :sad1:

2. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

:cry::cry::cry::cry: dammit...

3. huskermark

huskermark Well-Known Member

Well this might help:smile:

Grant me the Serenity to change the things I can.

The courage to change the things I can't

And the wisdom to know the difference

If you say it often enough it will work:smile:

4. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

re: Serenity....a quote from "Seinfeld," "SERENITY NOW!" :smile2:

re: your last sentence - F*** YOU! :thumbsup: Quit channeling our POS head coach. :cry:

5. The Guest

The Guest Guest

But I can change it. I just need to wear the right hat/shirt combo and this **** will pop.

6. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Good advice. I have the courage to stay off DFW roads next weekend, as hoards of UT and NU fans infest the area. I have the serenery and power to change the channel to the Discovery or History network during the CCG.

Jerry Jones appriciates your contribution to his business plan there at Cowboy stadium. There's nothing like a good ol' Arkansas boy making suckers out of Texas and Nebraska fans. Enjoy the $40 parking, steep concessions and the Super-sized version of that cute little Huskervision that hangs over Cowboy's field.

Who knows? Maybe the Hu-skers will pull off an "ISU" and beat the longhorns on their home turf.

7. HornBuff

HornBuff Horns Down

XC is awesome and CU does it with CO kids.

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Our skiers are going to take home the team national championships this year (along with some individual titles). Mark it.

9. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

The CU AD is in pretty terrible shape now and has been for a few years, as far as sports that the mainstream populace is concerned with.

I am an avid skiier, I live in the mountains and go several times per week, but I have to admit that CU's ski team success does not make me feel better about our football team.