What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Andre (Edit: LEAVING FOR NBA)

From a recent ESPN article by Eamonn Brennan. Not much insight...

Roberson didn't break out as expected in 2012-13; indeed, he regressed. He was still a top-10 defensive rebounder, and good enough on the offensive glass, but neither of his rebounding rates matched his excellent sophomore season, and his block rate and overall offensive rates both disconcertingly dipped. Some of that may be due to solid work from freshman forward Josh Scott, but it doesn't explain the all-around worse offense.He may be in a position similar to Payne's, and that of some of the other forwards still considering the plunge, in that next year's draft appears much more loaded. But of all the forwards, Roberson might really need another year to prove he can match his past efforts. If he does so, he'll rejoin a Buffaloes lineup that should return all five starters and will be a key interior peg alongside the excellent guard combo of Spencer Dinwiddie and Askia Booker.

I give Tad a lot of credit for doing all he could this year to showcase Dre. Not only with his media lobbying to get him more attention, but also with how he tried to run a lot of the offense through Dre (especially early in the year) and then at the end of the year gave him the opportunity to guard both the 5 (after Jelly went down) and the 1 (Illinois game).

Hopefully Dre, if he leaves, is able to parlay that versatility into a guaranteed NBA contract.

As good a college player as he is, there is no way Dre even comes close to consistently guarding NBA 4's & 5's and locking them down; they'd simply hold him at bay with one arm and plow through him on the way to the hoop. One cannot give up 25-50 lbs. in the Association.

And do you really believe Dre (in his current condition/shape) would have kept a guy like Curry from scoring 30 the other night ? Very unlikely.

Peruse the D League rosters: there's an amazing amount of talent there, equal to, if not better than, Dre all around, that you'd be surprised is not on NBA rosters, yet those "D" rosters speak for themselves.

Best of luck to him, but I smell a "stage parent" complex interfering, creating unreasonable expectations.

Last edited:
Speculation is that Dre is going to announce tomorrow. I don't know which way, and honestly, I don't think he knows either. That said, while debating whether going pro/staying in college is fine, some of the discussions have gotten a little dangerous in this thread. I just want to remind anyone that bashing a player or his family is not allowed here. If any of the mods feel you're going over the line, you will get a temporary hit from the ban-stick.

TL;DR version:

"Damn, not sure that's the best move for Dre." = acceptable
"Dre is a moron" = ban-stick

Colorado will be hosting a press conference tomorrow where Dre is going to announce his decision.

Reading between the lines it seems like he's gone. Time to start buying a Spencer D jersey

This is going to be bad news, you don't schedule a presser to say your coming back. Thanks for everything young man you were truly a joy to watch. Once a Buff, Always a Buff

Nice pic slider, if he's staying I hope he doesnt see it Barkley should have left, cost himself a big pile of Quan by staying

I'd say 65/35 he's going pro. I might be a bit optimistic. My thought process if it were such a clear-cut decision, he would've gone pro already.

Personally, I don't think he should go. I don't think he's going to get drafted. And if you're not going to get drafted, you might as well delay a second-tiered league another year.

He's been a great Buff and I'll continue to support him if he goes pro. Best of luck to 'Dre whichever way he decides.

I'd say 65/35 he's going pro. I might be a bit optimistic. My thought process if it were such a clear-cut decision, he would've gone pro already.

Personally, I don't think he should go. I don't think he's going to get drafted. And if you're not going to get drafted, you might as well delay a second-tiered league another year.

He's been a great Buff and I'll continue to support him if he goes pro. Best of luck to 'Dre whichever way he decides.

But is his draft stock going to improve so much that he'll be drafted next year? I don't think so.

If he isn't going to be drafted in 2014, either, he might as well go ahead and get a start on his professional career now. He isn't getting any younger.

But is his draft stock going to improve so much that he'll be drafted next year? I don't think so.

If he isn't going to be drafted in 2014, either, he might as well go ahead and get a start on his professional career now. He isn't getting any younger.
And that's a valid point. I just don't think the money he is passing up is that great in this case. And since he knows, he's coming back to a great team, I think there's a good chance his draft stock does indeed go up. It likely won't, but I don't think there's much to lose On the flip-side if they underachieve next year, I'm sure he'll regret coming back. But this does have the potential to be the CU team in atleast half-century or so, maybe more. Also, he'll get his degree which he can fallback on, instead of having to resume it later.

Yes, I know, he could suffer some career ending injury. He could do that in Europe or the D-League. I don't think he'd be that financially secure in either of thsoe places.

Well I haven't heard any leaks either way, so I still think there is a good chance that he stays.

MEDIA ADVISORY: Friday Morning Press Conference

BOULDER - On Friday morning, April 26, the University of Colorado will hold a press conference with head coach Tad Boyle and junior forward Andre Roberson, at which time Roberson will publicly announce his future plans of either entering the 2013 NBA Draft or returning for his senior year with the Buffaloes next season.

The press conference will take place on the second floor of the Coors Events Center at 9 a.m.

The press conference will also be aired live on Pac-12 Digital. The link to watch live is http://pac-12.com/live/cubuffs.aspx

Source: http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=207423661

He probably has a lot of people in his ear over this. I can imagine it being just as confusing as the big stars coming out of high school with their scholly offers.

Sounds like 'Dre is gone...why schedule a presser if you are gonig to stay?

This line of thinking needs to be banished. Jahii Carson had a press conference to announce he's staying just a couple weeks ago. I'm not saying that I know whether he's going or staying, because I don't. But this logic is just wrong.

Back