What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Andre (Edit: LEAVING FOR NBA)

Censorship! Awesome!

I guess we'll just disregard the fact that nothing I wrote was inaccurate; his decision comes at the expense of a bunch of other people and may not even be in his own best interest but I suppose this is just too radical of a thought for here.

Andre will be in the NBA hall of fame and we're winning the national championship next year. Better?

Aren't you kind of overlooking the name calling you threw in for fun?

Regardless of the public face that was put on Andre's choice, from what I've derived from conversations with a couple guys on the team about it, I wouldn't underestimate the impact that the pull of "NBA glitz" had on his decision. Earning a substantial paycheck, flying a chartered plane around the country and staying in 5-star hotels, rubbing elbows with Kobe and Lebron, adoring fans (many of whom are female) everywhere...or sitting in a chemistry class. Can't say I blame him, I've been studying for finals all day and it sucks. That being said, given this train of thought I would refer everyone to the Russ Smith quote I posted on the bottom of page 20. No doubt this choice is nice in the short term but it could become regrettable down the road.

Regardless of the public face that was put on Andre's choice, from what I've derived from conversations with a couple guys on the team about it, I wouldn't underestimate the impact that the pull of "NBA glitz" had on his decision. Earning a substantial paycheck, flying a chartered plane around the country and staying in 5-star hotels, rubbing elbows with Kobe and Lebron, adoring fans (many of whom are female) everywhere...or sitting in a chemistry class. Can't say I blame him, I've been studying for finals all day and it sucks. That being said, given this train of thought I would refer everyone to the Russ Smith quote I posted on the bottom of page 20. No doubt this choice is nice in the short term but it could become regrettable down the road.

The bottom line, JRK, is that the choice is already made.

I would have probably advised Dre to stay, but leaving was a reasonable and viable option.

As a fan of both CU Basketball and Andre Roberson, I will now be moving on with my focus on supporting both. Our program is in great position thanks in large part to Dre's efforts over the past 3 years. All karma to Dre on getting drafted in the right spot with the right team and starting a long & successful NBA career.

Dre is my favorite player on the team and if he asked me I would have advised him to go.

You think those things just might have influenced his decision? You're more insightful than any of us give you credit for. How many conversations did it take you to come up with that little gem?

There would be nothing worse for Dre's career than to be drafted by Washington. Unless you can get out immediately, that system will ruin you.

This whole thing with Dre is really curious. Did he have an issue with Tad? I just do not get it. It is totally illogical that he'd jump. Makes no sense to me unless he or his father had an issue of some sort.

This whole thing with Dre is really curious. Did he have an issue with Tad? I just do not get it. It is totally illogical that he'd jump. Makes no sense to me unless he or his father had an issue of some sort.

Potential to make large sums of money and he can develop his game further in the NBA than he could at school. jgisland laid it out perfectly in his blog post about it.

Seems like a completely accurate quote, IMO.

Seemed accurate to me. Lack of an offensive game hurts Andre in the draft.

That said I don't blame him for leaving. He's going to get a paycheck somewhere.

i just thought from the hometown paper they could have left off the "if at all". No big deal and certainly truthful, I just like to see a little home town reporting sometimes and blind support (since there is no turning back and he had a great career at CU).

I don't think it's illogical at all. Go while you still have the opportunity to live your dream. As much as people want to harp on the fact he's a likely 2nd round pick, there are no guarantees that would change, or that he'd even be drafted next year. It's hard to blame a kid for not wanting to pass up the opportunity of a lifetime.

More and more I believe it was a timing thing, no disrespect to Tad. Next year, Dre would likely have been pushed off the draft boards entirely with all the one-and-dones, and a lot of two-and-dones coming out, as well as a new bunch of excellent players at CU eating up offensive possessions. Now, w/o the need to focus on school, he can concentrate on developing his on his offensive game, at a 1,000 shots a day!

Nah I think I'll just ignore the Mock that is completely wrong about the his position. How can they know where he will be drafted if they don't know his position?

So does Tad know what his position is? Tad routinely referred to him as a guard.

Well if you didn't say his name and described his game he would sound most like a big guard or small forward.

He doesn't box out well, but gets rebounds with his athleticism and instinct, has no legitimate post moves, plays D best on the perimeter where he can poke the ball away or interfere with passing lanes. He's trying to improve his 3 point shot and is listed at 6-7 210.

Comparison:
Listed height, weight and position.

Jordan Hamilton: 6-7, 220 (SF)
Rip Hamilton: 6-7, 193 (SG)
Jimmy Butler: 6-7, 220 (SF)
Kyle Korver: 6-7, 212 (SF)
Kobe: 6-6, 205 (SG)
Andre Iguodala: 6-6, 207 (SG)
Paul Pierce: 6-7, 235 (SF)
Metta World Peace: 6-7, 270 (SF)

CBS Sports should be ashamed of themselves.

Don't they know that NBA teams are all looking for guards and small forwards that can't shoot?

Last edited:
Have to eat some crow here, I thought he'd stay. Props to the posters who saw that coming. I think the interview with dad was quite telling. I hope it works out for him, although I'm somehwat pessimistic in regards to his NBA future. What the buffs lost on the boards and defense, maybe they can make up in offensive scheme and continuity. Time will tell...

Back