1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcers + a Big **** You to the Haters

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by azbuff, Nov 23, 2007.

1. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

First, I thought the announcers were great today. Lots of love to Boulder, honest commentary (except for the fact they thought Callahan might keep his job)...and mothaf'in Eric Cartman!

Second, "we can't make halftime adjustments," "our secondary can't do it w/out T-Wheat," blah, blah, blah...

:finger2:

I miss Hugh already...

2. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

Yeah I guess... except for that point in the second half where the color guy just randomly complained about Hawkins for about 10 minutes straight.

3. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

How quickly the announcers wrote off Dizon's Butkus chances pissed me off. They didn't make a case - just shot from their Big 10 loving hips.

4. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

Agreed, they were great until then. Saying it should go to one of the big 10 guys. :confused: I just dont get it.

5. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

Unfortunately, you generally have to be on a much better team than we are to win such a large post-season award. As badly as I want Dizon to win it (and he would win it if he played for OU or UT), we just don't have the record this year.

6. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Without Dizon, the Buffs wouldn't be 6-6. I doubt that any group of seniors have had to put up with more hardship than this group. From all that pressure, Dizon came out a diamond.:thumbsup:

7. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

That's when I hit the mute button.

8. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Did you see the stats they showed on the three guys?? If Laryngitis wins it, it is only because the Luckeyes are televised every single ****ing week, usually on the ESPiN network that, coincidentally, is now also producing the ABC broadcasts. His stats are noplace close to being comparable to Dizon's. But since ABC/ESPiN has spent an entire season kissing his ass, he must be a deserving candidate, right?? :sad2:

9. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

I did that somewhere in the first quarter. The CU radio broadcast might have been about 15 seconds ahead of the TV feed on satellite, but it was still preferrable to the announcing team, which I thought was horrible, and more than a bit blinded by the reputation of the feckbraska program...

10. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

and Dizon has gone against just as tough if not tougher teams and with probably less talent on his defense to help him out, at least less the laurenits.

11. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

Yeah, they should at least have offered an opinion of why those guys were better than Dizon. Laurinitis had lower numbers than Dizon in every category. yet it was him or the guy from PSU. Typical east coast bias.

12. BuckinFuffs

BuckinFuffs Active Member

they were nitwits, but palatable...

I got tired of the Ganz hype

13. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

Not to mention, it hurts that Dizon's dad wasn't a professional wrestler like Lames Laurinaitis...:lol: