1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Former Buff Arrested

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Keesy9, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Keesy9

Keesy9 New Member

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

3. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I'll probably come off preachy here, but DUI is a big deal. In this case, he was just over the legal limit and probably thought he was fine. Hopefully it's an expensive lesson learned and JD does not do it again.

4. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Man - I hate seeing the bad press splashed all over the newspapers.... doesn't help us in rebuilding our image.

5. Bone Buff

Bone Buff Well-Known Member

Dude, you're making money now. CALL A CAB.

6. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

:sleep::sucks:

7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I'll :drink: to that!

8. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Has he signed the contract? If so, he might have some signing bonus money, but he doesn't collect an actual paycheck until the regular season starts.

9. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

:yeahthat:

10. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

You don't drink much, do you? Good decision making and drinking are mutually exclusive. I know this very, very well.

11. Bali Buff

Bali Buff Well-Known Member

I think the Daily Camera is becoming the new Denver Post/Channel 9 purveyors of bad Buff news. The print copy of Bjax and Harris's bust was front page as big as big could be. None of the Denver papers gave it that exposure.

12. NBDefektor

NBDefektor Well-Known Member

i don't think you can blame the paper...i'm sure the sports editor has a hard enough time filling the summer months with original material...when players make boneheaded and newsworthy mistakes, you can't fault the paper for doing its job.

13. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Sorry, but two former CU players being arrested for armed freaking robbery is a big deal. It should get some attention. Maybe players will start making better decisions. Frankly, it's starting to get a little embarrassing.

14. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

My frustration is that Scripps owns both the Rocky and the Camera.... so now any Boulder article that makes the Camera makes the Rocky as well. It tends to mean that Boulder (and CU) gets an inordinate amount of attention in the area... and usually not good attention.

15. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

I disagree. This incident happened on April 20th and I think the Camera showed some class by helping a kid that everyone agrees is a great guy by looking the other way and keeping this quiet until JD was drafted, graduated and moved out of Boulder.

16. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Agreed.

17. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

You never hear about drunk drivers crashing into other drunk drivers and killing everyone, maybe it's the people driving sober at 2- 4 am that deserve the ticket.

18. Keesy9

Keesy9 New Member

Excessive speeding is much more fatal than driving drunk.

http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-driving-statistics.html

According to that 37% of driving fatalities were drunk driver related. I have not been able to find a statistic showing the percentage of sober drivers to drunk drivers at any given time. MADD saif in 2006 41% of driving fatalities were by drunk drivers. I am not going to say we should all drive drunk but according to that statistic 63% of fatal accidents were from sober drivers...

http://www.madd.org/getfile/15dbbb2b-3f94-4258-b3ec-03aea1124712/2008-Q1-Summary-of-Statistics.aspx

19. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

Interesting side note: if you're going to be involved in a car accident you're far better of being drunk than sober. Keep that in mind the next time you have to ride shotgun with a 16 year old driver. :thumbsup:

20. 87Buffster

87Buffster Member

Here's the facts: roadside surveys in the United States indicate that about three percent of drivers at any particular time are legally impaired.

The risk of a driver getting in a serious vehicle crash roughly doubles when his blood alcohol concentration reaches .05; Increases ten-fold at .08;
    Twenty-fold at .10; and by a factor of hundreds at .15 and above.

In 2006, there were 13,470 fatalities in crashes involving an alcohol-impaired driver (BAC of .08 or higher) – 32 percent of total traffic fatalities for the year. So: 3% of drivers, 32% of deaths... the math is easy.

BTW, .05% comes to about 3 drinks in 2 hours for the average woman at 120 pounds, and 4 drinks in two hours for the average man at 180. In Nebraska, add an extra drink, since the average man or woman is a fat cow. :haha: