1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another memory from the fairbanks era... and a question...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Liver, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

so, i wasn't yet at CU... i was in high school and i was at that drake loss at CU. i sat in the student section with some friends and there were these 3 or 4 older guys who were leaning over the railing and screaming right at fairbanks. like right at him... they were yelling all kinds of obscenities and saying how he should quit or be fired right there and then.

i remember thinking it odd that those "old" guys were getting so worked up over the game. by old, given that i was around 15 or 16 at the time, they were probably all of 30 or something themselves.

i know they are more restrictive now and don't let fans get quite that "in your face" in the stands... but, has there been a lot of swearing and stuff? like at the csu game this year? or even wyo? i guess if the Buffs get killed by ut and then come out and get shelled by ku, it might become pretty vocal?

2. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

I have a friend who sits behind the bench and routinely reminds Hawkins (or tells him how dumb he is) that Scott needs 20 touches per game.

3. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

I don't hear much of that but I don't sit on the east side anymore. I don't really like that type of talk so I always tell my brother to shut up before we even walk into the stadium.

4. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

Hawkins came over to the student section before the game against Wyo and told us all not to boo, he said they are working their ass off and booing doesnt do any good.

A kid replied with "Give D-Scott the damn ball then"

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Apparently, after the CSU game, there were people giving Hawk the bird as he ran off the field, calling him an embarassment. Yes, right to his face.

It will get ugly if they stink it up against KU. Really ugly. CU fans have put up with his jive for four years now, and are waking up to the reality that they've been conned. Nobody likes to be conned, and they will usually be very brutal to the person who did the conning.

6. CUBuff98

CUBuff98 Club Member Club Member

Someone should have told ol' danny Juicebox, "this aint intramurals Brotha." The booing will continue until he pulls his head out and starts coaching.

7. Dunken

Dunken Member

the student section, in sequence should have said "well see"......

8. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

:lol:

It's funny how quickly he became so sensitive to criticism. His 'It's the Big 12' rant is really coming back on him right now. I loved it at the time, but damn he needs to remember his own words on this one.

9. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

:rofl:

Yea it started with spring ball when he suddenly closed practices and again once fall practice started that he's become very closed and defensive toward the media. I never was clear as to why he suddenly closed spring ball to the public other than the lame excuse that too much info was getting out on message boards. :rolleyes:

10. buffs04

buffs04 Well-Known Member

CU student section hasn't been in Hawkins corner for about a year now.