1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another QB leaving Texas

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by MtnBuff, Jul 11, 2013.

1. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Connor Brewer is leaving Texas.

He was a 4* ranked as the #7 QB coming out of HS in Arizona.

I don't even imagine that he would be interested in giving us a look but coming from Arizona it wouldn't be a surprise to see him end up in the PAC.

Also interesting that he thinks that David Ashe is firmly entrenched enough the he has to transfer to have a chance to play.

I see a big trainwreck coming at Texas, not because of this kid leaving, but because while Mac has continued to get highly ranked classes Texas hasn't been performing at the level that UT fans think they have a right to expect. The one NC they won with Vince Young keeps getting further back in the rearview mirror. It also can't help that A&M stole a lot of the attention from UT last year.

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Hmmmm. I kind of doubt he'll looking at CU. Just by looking at the rosters around the P12, I'd Arizona or Washington would be the most likely candidates....

3. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Arizona schools are in the mix and I've read UCLA may be interested. Bama and ND were reported to have made contact once the transfer was announced, though I doubt be believes he'd start at those places.

4. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

Texas could have a fanastic season this year...the Big 12 is going to be down this year.

5. Jaximus

Jaximus Club Member Club Member

PICK EM UP!!

[video=youtube;It-IuKPJk0c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It-IuKPJk0c[/video]

sliderNcider and Daaah like this.
  6. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

And their fans aren't stupid, if they fall short this year the fans will be upset.

7. GregInArlington

GregInArlington Well-Known Member

Connor Brewer was ranked highly as a recruit because he was the QB on a championship winning team (similar to Garrett Gilbert). However, in all the H.S. "all star games (or whatever they call them) and in the UT scrimmages etc... he has sucked the biggest donkey balls ever. Kid can't throw accurately - he just doesn't have what it takes. Good move for both him and Texas for him to leave.

8. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

GiA is right on this one. Everything I read about him in head to head competition in camps with other good QB prospects was pretty poor. I think the fact this guy kept the #7 ranking is pretty solid proof that the recruiting sites readlly do bump recruits of the big programs.

9. WizzersGhost

WizzersGhost Banned BANNED

fify!

10. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

Didn't he get something like a concussion in the AA game? I was like "Uh oh, this kid's gonna be finished before he even gets to campus." Better just go to NAU and have an immediate 4 to play 4.