1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another question i have been to post...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Liver, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

why is cody constantly having to point and wave and move players around and such?

it seems like every play there is at least one guy not where cody wants him to be lined up.

is he audibling out of the called play basically every time or our guys just not lining up right?

i know the team is young, but you'd think they'd know most of the plays by the 6th game. what is the story?

2. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

I've noticed that too. Most of the time he seems to be directing one of the freshmen RBs or TEs which is understandable but there have been a few times it was people who should know where to go and what to do. I can't explain why it happens but my gut tells me that about 50% of our fumbles come from those misunderstandings or mistakes made because the team trying to hurry up and get the snap off in time because we wasted time making those line up adjustments. We just look really unpolished on O. Messy=mistakes=losses.

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Seemed like there were a lot of late substitutions on Saturday too.

4. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

A solid point, the majority of Cody's fumbles, that I can think of, occurred on the QB-RB exchange, which in the stat line goes against the QB, but more often than not is due to the RB being in the wrong place at the wrong time. (I do believe that Cody probably knows the offense better than anyone on the team, so when the RB or WR does the wrong thing, I tend to believe it's the RB or WR at fault and not the QB)

The lack of preparation has been a theme with this team all season long, lining up wrong, getting on and off the field slowly, players running the wrong play. I don't know if it's youth, or coaches, or attitude, but it's a problem.

5. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

and didnt CU get "flagged" for not alowing KU time to substitute before snapping the ball????

6. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Many late substitutions, you'd think we'd have this under control by game 6.

7. LincolnBuff

LincolnBuff Active Member

I think this hurry-up offense needs to be put in file 13.:nod: