1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another reason to stay positive

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Shawn "Shortbus" Watson is the OC for the fuskers! Not just in name. He'll actually be calling plays! hooray!

http://www.lavistasun.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19413106&BRD=2712&PAG=461&dept_id=556367&rfi=6

2. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Sam Keller, heh. forgot about that clown. He won the Heisman last year, didn't he? or so we were told.

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The NU assistants are pretty underwhelming. If you're going to hire a guy who has never been a head coach before, you would think you would want to surround him with quality assistants. But I guess not.

4. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Barney Cotton wasn't even coaching football last year.

5. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Get ready for the devastating WR screen, you're going to love it!

6. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

they'll be better this year.

shortbus shawn had his shortcomings but his playcalls generally didn't allow the offense to beat itself. this strategy works particularly well when you have superior athletes to your opponents. see CU in 01. but, if you get into trouble and need a little creativity, well, then you are screwed. see CU in 01.

if the fuskers have recruited as well as the pundits claim they have, then they will be improved on offense. and, compared to clown-a-han, watson knows a little more about how much playbook a college kid can learn and execute. watson still is crazy about all the variations and he puts way too much emphasis on different looks as opposed to better execution, but he is light years better than the clown.

7. Waylon Van Smack

Waylon Van Smack Well-Known Member

The D is what is exciting me..... there are some athletes there and they were just left out to dry last year. reports are the intensity is off the hook. Shortbus has his chance, he was getting looks for other jobs already last year, he wont be around long if he can make some noise at NU but make no bones about it, it will be the D that changes the most next year.

anyways, hope all of you are having a good spring and :drink2:here is to things coming back around our way (NU v CU) for the B12N if things go well.:thumbsup:

8. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

I hope you lose every game:smile2:

Cornh8er likes this.
  9. Buttermaker

Buttermaker Active Member

The same D that gave up 40+ points 6 times last year? Not to mention 76 and 65. I would be excited too...:thumbsup:

10. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

you are excited about that defense? :smile2: well, that's why i love college football-- it is spring and we all think our teams are going to be world-beaters.

i think we are going to see some wac-like scores in the b12 this year. offense will rule the day at ku, mizzery, nu, and CU in the north.

i do agree that we need to kick the pretenders to the curb and get back to CU v. nu for the whole enchilada. i prefer to hate rivals that i can get a good white-hot hatred going like the fuskers as opposed to these various upstarts. altho mizzery is so freaking obnoxious that i am developing a pretty good hatred for them, too.

11. BIGREDIOWAN

BIGREDIOWAN Well-Known Member

I'm going to try my damnest to get to the NU vs. CU game this season because I haven't gotten to go to one yet. Our defense is going to be better because there was no where to go, but up! I don't think they are going to be world beaters, but I would love to be proved wrong and see a miracle happen. Our offense will still be decent and if our defense can just make it a game we will win some games because of the offense.

12. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

:lol::lol::lol:

Bubble screen, zone stretch play and 5 yard out patterns on 3 and 7 may just put niblet fan over the edge....

13. BIGREDIOWAN

What would put the Buffs more on edge is if we scored off of it!!! :smile2:

14. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

:lol:

Ain't that the truth.

15. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

sure would. that would require some world class talent.

since that is not the case, i am going to rest easy. :cool:

16. BIGREDIOWAN

A$$!!!! :lol:

17. ladyblaise

ladyblaise Club Member Club Member

:lol: to be fair, i admitted the same thing when he was here: if we could have nfl-calibur athletes at every position, his **** would work.

alas, not every team is so lucky. that translated to widespread joy when he was gone.

18. BIGREDIOWAN

Well, then it sounds like we don't want him going to USC anytime soon then. I'm not sure on how he's going to be as an offensive coordinator considering the only times I got to see him actually call plays last season were pretty small.

19. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Consider this: Remember 62-36? Well, that was the product of about 5 different plays run by a team that had two NFL O-Linemen, an NFL WR, an NFL TE, and an NFL running back.

20. BIGREDIOWAN

No, I don't remember that, but now I get to pay more to my psychiatrist so we can go back over these issues................THANKS! :cry:

21. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Along with a senior QB.