What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Another too-early 2013-14 preseason poll (WBB)

Respect!

Next year is such a key for the program. If it can absorb the loss of a player like Chucky and keep moving forward, we'll know that CU women's hoops is a PROGRAM.

by ESPN has our Buffs WBB team in at number 18. Attention Arielle : no pressure!
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-b...n-college-basketball-preseason-top-25-2013-14

Wow - I figured that without Chucky there wouldn't be much respect. Arielle is the most obvious go to player of the returnees. I have stated before that I think she will move to the perimeter which she has the skills and body type for. If this happens it will be more difficult for opponents to keep the ball out of her hands.

Beyond scoring the one key question will be who will take over the lead at point guard? Brittany Wilson seems the most likely with her experience and drive. but it seems the coaches feel Ky Weston also has a shot if she continues to improve.

This up coming season might be the first in a long time where the true freshmen aren't going to be counted on to make immediate contributions for the team to be successful. That is a step in the right direction. The Buffs developed good depth last season and all but one of the players who received a lot of playing time return.

If CU is going to win over 20 games (before the conference tourney) one big factor will be the improvement of the returnees. One player who looks like she could be a major contributor is Jamee Swan. She improved over the course of the season. Next season she'll need to have lot of games like she did against Washington the the conference tourney. There's no reason to think she won't be capable.

Next season's team should make the NCAA tourney again. They have the foundation with the players' experience talent and a great coaching staff. And going to Europe in August will be a big, big help. In retrospect not going last year is going to make a difference as the team works on the chemistry of who is going to lead on the court.

I agree that having both the men and the women ranked prior to the season is a nice sign of respect, but where they are in March is really what matters.

Do we know much about Desiree Harris (incoming PG recruit) yet?

I love the direction of the program. While I enjoy finesse basketball (it's fun to watch), as a fan what I really crave is to have the toughest team on the court or field every night. As long as I feel like our team went to war and no one enjoys playing us, then I'm a happy guy even if we come out on the short end of the scoreboard against elite teams sometimes.

Don't forget both Jen Reese and Lauren Huggins , both coming back from injuries. Both played and lettered, Reese much more than Huggins, but Reese is now a year beyond that nasty fractured orbital and Huggins, hopefully back at full strength.

Together they can fill in for the loss by graduation of Chucky: Reese with her toughness and inside presence, Huggins with her 3pt. shot.

Back