What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Any Buffs in the AAF?

CaliBuff901

I’m too lazy to scan the rosters. Anyone from CU playing? On another note, what’s the over/under for how many seasons this lasts? I assume 2.5 is the over/under. I’m going to guess under.

Is this a league that could gain some popularity and survive?

I just don’t know if I could ever get behind “professional” football outside of the NFL

Is this a league that could gain some popularity and survive?

If the NFL was smart, which it isn’t, it’d be very interested in having a minor league for player development purposes, especially at certain positions where play has been subpar recently due to the CBA making teams pick younger players over veterans.

If the NFL was smart, which it isn’t, it’d be very interested in having a minor league for player development purposes, especially at certain positions where play has been subpar recently due to the CBA making teams pick younger players over veterans.

I believe NFL network will be covering the AAF so maybe there’s something there

I think "competition" has never hurt anyone and, if this is mildly successful and some of the things they do prove to be good and working, may very well force the NFL to adopt certain things with the refs maybe, the broadcast, transparency and maybe even with some of the rules. Plus you have the whole development angle, although that'd obviously be better if there was an official link and NFL teams could loan out players for development purposes.

It may complement the NFL and prove to be a playground to test things.

Those guys all signed the same contract, btw. 250k over 3 years, 70k in year 1, then 80k and finally 100k.

I think "competition" has never hurt anyone and, if this is mildly successful and some of the things they do prove to be good and working, may very well force the NFL to adopt certain things with the refs maybe, the broadcast, transparency and maybe even with some of the rules. Plus you have the whole development angle, although that'd obviously be better if there was an official link and NFL teams could loan out players for development purposes.

It may complement the NFL and prove to be a playground to test things.
The mic’ing of the players and coaches is a good idea. I’m actually finding myself semi interested in this. The quality is on or with mediocre college, which is essentially what it is. Guys like Mike Martz coaching is a good thing.

The mic’ing of the players and coaches is a good idea. I’m actually finding myself semi interested in this. The quality is on or with mediocre college, which is essentially what it is. Guys like Mike Martz coaching is a good thing.

I like the eye in the sky idea, too. That dude can overturn every single call on the field.

Not sure I agree about medicore college, I saw somewhere that 80% of the guys in the AAF were on NFL rosters or training camps at one point.

Rick Neuheisel coaches the Arizona team.

Some notable former Broncos include Kenny Bell (Salt Lake) and the safety who shall not be named (Arizona)

I like the eye in the sky idea, too. That dude can overturn every single call on the field.

Not sure I agree about medicore college, I saw somewhere that 80% of the guys in the AAF were on NFL rosters or training camps at one point.
I would say most mediocre collegiate starters get on an NFL mini camp, OTA, or Training camp roster, which is what I would say this league is mostly made up of. Maybe a few guys here and there who spent a few seasons on practice squads or had some special teams run in the NFL. It’s a lot of Ryan Moeller, Nelson Spruces, and Kennth Olugbodes.

I think the heavy NFL influence with Warner, Trent Green, Tiki Barber, etc all doing the broadcasts, plus Martz and Spurrier as coaches is giving it credibility.

Rick Neuheisel coaches the Arizona team.

Some notable former Broncos include Kenny Bell (Salt Lake) and the safety who shall not be named (Arizona)

Met him a few times as a kid-he was great with me. Rooting for him in this.

I was looking up the rules differences and one site said AAF is better than no football at this time of the year. Also I read up to 60% less commercials than NFL. That alone has me interested.

Reactions: Val
I just got back from the Orlando game. It was a good time. Spurrier was brain raping the Atlanta D-coordinator, that guy will need therapy after this. GarettGilbert took the first quarter to get used to playing football again then lit it up. very entertaining. about 20,000 folks in UCF's 40,000 seat stadium on a cool and somewhat rainy night.

Back