What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Any truth to this?

normally, i'd say the staff sees things in practice we don't and there's probably some kind of reason for DS getting no carries.

however, seeing WVU's first two offensive plays....and listening to Dan deflect legitimate criticism....i don't trust the staff. anything could be true.

USC fans make me want to vomit. They generally don't know much about football and they just assume winning is their birthright. Stupid ass clowns don't even realize there was a time before Pete Carroll. At least I can grudgingly respect most Texas fans because football is a religion down there, friday night lights and all that.

Hey....I've been a USC fan since...well, before your time. John McKay was the coach back then.

I've been through thick and thin and most older SC fans have been there forever.

I was there during Larry Smith and Paul Hackett. Ugh.

I just watched some Scott video again. If he goes it will be a shame to lose him. We need his talent and power. Shame on the staff for not helping him be ready by now. This will be especially bad if it is partially because someone is bent on teaching a "life lesson". I'm getting tired of the life lesson crap. Put em on the field and play em. How much worse could it really get?

If there was a shread of truth to this the press, espn, fox, rivals' etc would be all over this by now and hawkins would have some explaining to do. Not to mention, DS would be doing interviews as well.

I'm not so sure - I think the media is pretty much ignoring CU at every chance, and DS hasn't done anything to excite them, either. Sure they'd report it, but "all over" - I don't think so.

Mark my words, if DS transfers he will explode wherever he goes. This will be just like Calhoun all over again.

??????

I digress about what i was going to say, but, doubt DS ends up at UCLA. I know it makes sense with uncle J-fly, but, I think theyre pretty loaded at RB.

Not as loaded as SC and if he leaves he probably goes back to SoCal, IMO. CU won't let him go to UT, so that's out.

Hey....I've been a USC fan since...well, before your time. John McKay was the coach back then.

I've been through thick and thin and most older SC fans have been there forever.

I was there during Larry Smith and Paul Hackett. Ugh.

I tip my hat to you sir. I was thinking of these two young punks I used to work with. Didn't really know anything about football but man they could talk your ear off about Reggie Bush and their man crush on Matt Leinart. I hate Matt Leinart.

This is just unreasonable:
2dsh7p5.jpg

I tip my hat to you sir. I was thinking of these two young punks I used to work with. Didn't really know anything about football but man they could talk your ear off about Reggie Bush and their man crush on Matt Leinart. I hate Matt Leinart.

2dsh7p5.jpg

asshole

2dsh7p5.jpg

Just so you know, (everyone else does), I'm a (way older) female fan. I had a girlie crush on Leinart, but I like Sanchez a lot more! :thumbsup:

Just so you know, (everyone else does), I'm a (way older) female fan. I had a girlie crush on Leinart, but I like Sanchez a lot more! :thumbsup:

I really am sorry I didn't know. I tip my hat to you Ma'am. :smile:

wkk6qv.jpg

Last edited:
I don't really see how bagging on DScott is productive at this point, regardless how people feel he has performed. I mean, do we want him to transfer?? No.

One rumor and people get their panties twisted.

He's a Buff who has more pressure on him than any player on the team not named Cody, and we'd be worse without him IMO.

Darrell Scott is a bruiser. He needs an I formation and he needs a LOT of touches. I'd like to see what he does with 25 carries.

Unfortunately these stupid ****ing coaches would rather have 25 incompletions than give an RB 25 carries.

now that might be true, except there's always questions about Scott's health..

I find it hard for me to believe that if Scott was really ripping in practice that Hawk wouldn't play him just to teach him a "life lesson".. Hawk's job is on the line and he isn't that dumb..

I just think the expectations of Scott is a little too high. Sometimes it takes time for players to finally "get it".

During the Toledo game they talked about how Scott was having problems with vision and they purposefully moved him back a few yards when he was in there..

And I'm not bagging on him and I don't want him to transfer.

I think the DS case is special because it's not what most of the complaining is about currently. Nobody is saying DS should be taking carries away from RS. What I'm upset about is instead of getting DS and RS 30+ carries a game we're having Cody air it out 50 times which is just plain unacceptable. It isn't playing to our strength at all.

:yeahthat: :stupid:

It doesn't matter whether Stewart, Scott, Lockridge or Sumler is at RB, the weak link in the backfield is not there, it is at QB. It seems to me that an offense could be designed that would maximize the strengths of the offensive talent and minimize the weaknesses. But as that would require implementing new plays on which players might **** up the little things unless they could practice them for months we aren't likely to see it.... :huh:

In all seriousness, has Scott really impressed anyone yet?.. I mean this guy was caught from behind by a Toledo player.. From what I've seen, its nearly impossible for anyone to say that he's better than Speedy and should be getting more carries than him..

You can be critical of Hawk for a lot of things, but I'm not sure this is one of them.. Not every big time recruit becomes a good player in college. Scott might be just one of those guys unfortunately.. :sad1:

With the way they use him or the surrounding cast of characters? I'd say we probably haven't seen his potential yet.

With the way they use him or the surrounding cast of characters? I'd say we probably haven't seen his potential yet.

:nod: He hasn't had enough playing time. Like other have said, he and Stewart need to be carrying the ball between them a whole lot more. We need to add 10-20 more rushes per game and cut out 10-20 pass attempts.

So, I guess this was an unfounded rumor... No truth to this whatsoever? I'm glad he is not leaving us just quite yet.

So, I guess this was an unfounded rumor... No truth to this whatsoever? I'm glad he is not leaving us just quite yet.
But chances are he'll probably leave and go back home. This was a bad risk on his part to come out here to play with Josh, and then for Josh to leave him and go back home after 1 year to pursue a music career.

Hes been critically mismanaged by Hawk, he was a 5* recruit for sakes. What good does having him as a backup do for the team? Scott's saga here will be one of the memorable negatives of Hawkins' term here at Colorado. We have a highly sought after talented RB thats backing up a 5'4 RB. We could use Scott at WR or just put him behind center and Wildcat the entire game just to get him on the field.

I agree with the other comment, wherever he goes he'll probably break out and use his struggles at Colorado as being his motivation elsewhere. No way we let him go anywhere but the Pac 10,right? I remember seeing we cleared Smith only for U$C if they accepted him.

Darrell Scott is a bruiser. He needs an I formation and he needs a LOT of touches. I'd like to see what he does with 25 carries.

Unfortunately these stupid ****ing coaches would rather have 25 incompletions than give an RB 25 carries.

Why does Scott have a rep on this site as a bruiser? he's the same size as Michael Crabtree and most of his WOW moments have been athletic plays not him just crushing some LB.

Why does Scott have a rep on this site as a bruiser? he's the same size as Michael Crabtree and most of his WOW moments have been athletic plays not him just crushing some LB.
I think its due to his build, hes listed at 6'1 225 lbs but might be slightly bigger.

Stewart & Scott could be a serious 1-2 punch, just run the ball until the defense crowds the box and lets Cody throw a pass. That works better than 50+ passes by Cody to our struggling receiving core.

Back