What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone Else Notice The Price Increase For Season Ticks

Two questions:

1. Is the "seat tax" mandatory for ALL season ticket packages? i.e. regardless of where your seats are in the stadium, if you buy season tickets, you pay a mandatory contribution.

2. Is the "seat tax" the same for ALL seats? i.e. every seat, regardless of its location in the stadium, pays the same mandatory donation?

Two questions:

1. Is the "seat tax" mandatory for ALL season ticket packages? i.e. regardless of where your seats are in the stadium, if you buy season tickets, you pay a mandatory contribution.

yes, except for student tix i believe...

2. Is the "seat tax" the same for ALL seats? i.e. every seat, regardless of its location in the stadium, pays the same mandatory donation?

no...better seats pay more for the "seat tax"

Two questions:

It should also be noted that every school in teh big12 charges a progresive seat tax like this for football, and that CU is one of the few who doesnt for BBall

Haha, raised the price?!?!!? Next thing you know they will announce that they will keep this loser coach we have.

Anyone who buys tickets is just giving Hawkins a vote of confidence. When you stop giving them your money, you will force their hand and only then will they fire him.

It should also be noted that every school in teh big12 charges a progresive seat tax like this for football, and that CU is one of the few who doesnt for BBall

Yeah I wasn't being critical of the seat tax plan -- that's fine with me.

But it is more money the AD is going to lose on these season ticket renewals. It won't just be the loss of the season tickets - it will be the loss of the donations, too. Is there a MINIMUM donation required? If, for example, the minimum donation is $150 per seat, and there are 2,500 FEWER season ticket renewals - then CU loses (at least) $375,000 in seat tax donations alone. OUCH.

I still am until I cancel. :lol:

And I will always be a fan, ticket holder or not. Is being a season ticket holder now a pre-requisite to be a CU fan?

It better not be, because we'd be in trouble if that were the case. I just think it's odd that you'd still be so upset about the CSU game being in Denver now that there's nothing that requires you to be there or to buy a ticket.

There's a simple solution to this problem, I think. If everybody just buys the cheap seats, what are they going to do about it? That's my plan. Just buy the cheap seats.

Two questions:

There are season tickets (I think mostly the 2nd level horseshoe) that do not have the required donation. And the donations do vary in $$ depending on where your seats are located. I'm in 220 & I pay $100/seat. I know directly below us (I believe) is like $300+/seat.donation

Just to be fair, this thread was never intended to criticize the seat tax. That is not new nor has it changed.

It better not be, because we'd be in trouble if that were the case. I just think it's odd that you'd still be so upset about the CSU game being in Denver now that there's nothing that requires you to be there or to buy a ticket.

There's a simple solution to this problem, I think. If everybody just buys the cheap seats, what are they going to do about it? That's my plan. Just buy the cheap seats.

That is my plan. Last year I bought a 3-pack and regretted it. This year, I will jsut by individual game tix and much cheaper prices methinks

Because I'll still be there (as I have said, I'm not going to stop going to games). I hate that they play the sheep every year and I despise Invesco field.

I agree and that's what I plan to do as well. I just hate the CSU game and Invesco field.

I think this really is going to peeve off the people who sit in the $300 donation seats. You are already paying extra to get better seats and now you are told to chip in more for that privilege.

By the way, no sign of the season ticket package.

I think this really is going to peeve off the people who sit in the $300 donation seats. You are already paying extra to get better seats and now you are told to chip in more for that privilege.

By the way, no sign of the season ticket package.

By the way, that $300 per seat is me and I have 4. Also, I got the invite to renew and pay my donation via logging into the cubuffs.com website. And yes, it pisses me off that my $300 per seat is not enough.

By the way, that $300 per seat is me and I have 4. Also, I got the invite to renew and pay my donation via logging into the cubuffs.com website. And yes, it pisses me off that my $300 per seat is not enough.

I hear you on this one. Where does $300 per seat get you placed in the stadium?

2009map.htm
the interactive seating donation chart is here...

I hear you on this one. Where does $300 per seat get you placed in the stadium?

39 rows up on the 45 West side. It is the cost to be in the best seats unless you want to be in the boxes or Flatirons Club. Had em for more than 10 years and season tickets since 85 (85-89 I was a student). Even have kept them when I lived out of state. Maybe not next year. Still have not heard from Bohn...hold breath, not!

39 rows up on the 45 West side. It is the cost to be in the best seats unless you want to be in the boxes or Flatirons Club. Had em for more than 10 years and season tickets since 85 (85-89 I was a student). Even have kept them when I lived out of state. Maybe not next year. Still have not heard from Bohn...hold breath, not!

i haven't heard from bohn...or anyone else for that matter...either. my seats are on the east side, north 40 yard line. makes you wonder what they are thinking...

Back