What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone worried about losing Chev?

letsgoavs192

I support systemic racism
He has been so key to not only the offense, but the general attitude and obviously recruiting. I'm worried he may get a HC job in the next year or two

not so much after one season and CU being his alma mater....but another year or two like this one...

i will admit i wasn't as hot as some others on his hire (in my no more back to the past mantra) but he's done a great, great job.

Honestly, at this point I am only worried about losing Leavitt & Klayton Adams & Lindgren (tho most would agree Chev would move into the sole OC role seamlessly). I think Chev came back to Colorado with the intention of being here as long as possible and working his way up the coaching ranks at CU. You don't move your family in the middle of high school to your alma mater with the intention of leaving again after a year.

He could have potentially thrown away an extremely promising career by coming here. There was no certainty. He believed in HCMM, knew we were on the brink of incredible success, and wanted to come home to put therise in overdrive. I'm not worried about losing him after one year but I understand the thought process. He's getting national attention.

Losing Leavitt is a much better possibility imo. But I ain't worried. Boulder and the black n gold are cool AF again.

WTF You lost Chev???? Did you check behind the couch? Under the bed? Dagnabbit, we can't have nice things!!!

Some other PAC12 schools will definitely come calling for him to be an OC, but I think he's here for at least another 2-3 years.

Not after one year, no. I'm far more concerned about losing Leavitt. These are problems we would have gladly accepted two years ago.

In today's college football world, it's very rare to keep an entire staff intact from year to year. The good ones move up, the bad ones move out.

Disluke.
Don't you guys have anything else to do besides worry about the every conceivable problem the Buffs could potentially have?

This doesn't even cross my mind. I spoke with Chiv at the season ticket holder event at the end of August. He is pumped up to be here, and basically said he was tired of seeing what has happened to CU and it is time to bring it back and sustain it. I believe he is here until he is told otherwise.

Hey all, I apologize. In no way was a trying to be a downer or bring anything negative in the middle of this amazing season. I'm enjoying every second of this season. It was simply something I thought of and wanted to see if others thought it was a possibility we could lose him soon.

Go Buffs!

Back