1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Appeasement

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by dply, Nov 26, 2012.

1. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

I really think with this hire it is important to not try and appease the outspoken minority of Boulderites and faculty members that don't give a damn about football anyways. I feel like since the scandal that wasn't, these people have dictated the AD's moves and we see the results.

I know they would hate a guy like Petrino but he might be what is best for the program. I'm not advocating that we hire Petrino. I would still like them to look at all the options. But I would like all the options to actually be options.

2. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

3. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I agree... but it will never happen

4. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

+1. Too many cooks in the kitchen at CU and very few believe what's best for football should be the primary concern.

5. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

And that is why I think football at CU is done. I think we will be better than the last few years, hopefully, but constantly ranking in the top 25 is a thing of the past.

CarolinaBuff likes this.
  6. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Agreed. I'd love to see Tressel or Petrino hired but no way can I imagine this university "hurting their image" as they would call it by hiring a coach like these guys with a scandalous history. I'm still amazed that they made the decision to let Embree go after only 2 seasons.

7. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

Tressel is not getting a BCS job until the 2017 season. Period.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Tressel[/SUP]

8. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

This is the point where leadership, ie Benson & DiStefano, give Bohn the blank check and turn around and tell the faculty that doing it their way has cost the University a lot in donations etc. Oh and that Cal and the other academic conference peers dont place similar restrictions on their programs so why should we?

I would hope thats what happened this time.