1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are the lammies done?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Dec 5, 2007.

?

Is CSU done?

1. yes, CU should blwo them out now, no excusses

47.1%
  2. CSU will be back

2.9%
  3. They will be mediocre at best but still give buffs fits

50.0%
  1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

I guess they have been done for the last couple years, but are they gonna be like they were before Sonny? I don't see them being much of a threat to the buffs anymore regardless of who they hire, epsecially now that there is starting to be a huge gap in the talent level between the two teams again (unlike the past 3-4 years).

2. sweaty teets

sweaty teets Club Member Club Member

Doneskies!

3. 2HellNback

2HellNback Well-Known Member

We know that no matter how good or bad each team is, the Rams always play the Buffs tough... always (It's their superbowl).

4. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

...especially if it will continue to fill the first game slot each year...

5. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

I truly believe they will always amp up for the Buffs but over all there cooked. Any coach they bringin will use the Rams as a spring board and I truly think most Ram fans realize that.

6. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

The Rammies are done in the short term. Maybe 3 or 4 years. After that, who knows? I don't care how amped up they get over the next few years, they are going to get smacked around HARD by the Buffs!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  7. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Where's the 'who cares?' option?

8. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

The goats have been going downhill since '02. I see no reason why that won't continue.

9. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I can only hope so, if only so BVP 4 Heisman will just shut the **** up. Ugh, **** that guy.

10. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

I've yet to see him post here.

11. BUFFDRUMMER

BUFFDRUMMER New Member

Regardless of the strength of either of these teams, CU and CSU will always gear up for each other. State bragging rights are at stake and I'm certainly not going to lose to my younger sister up at CSU! :haha: Anyways, CSU and Nebraska are MUST WINS NO MATTER WHAT in my eyes

Cornh8er likes this.
  12. Wyo Buff

Wyo Buff Club Member Club Member

I've got to say, those guys never could get it done back when we were CU and they were CSU. They really, really wanted to but they didn't have the depth. We would go out and run for 400 yards on them in our 1-back offense and they would try to stop that with little 275 pound defensive tackles on roller skates. I see this going that way again. They will always have a few guys who could play anywhere but when you add them up they won't be able to stick around for more than a half. I think the Buffs start rolling these guys every year. With an "off-game" meaning 10-14 point wins and games where we bring it meaning 3-4 touchdown wins. Not to take anything away from CSU but you can't sustain talent level or national success in the Mountain West. Not enough big markets and not enough media juice. They will always be a mid-level team in a mid-major conference.

13. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

:stupid: The younguns don't realize how much we used to totally dominate the rammies.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  14. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

i agree with this. and, i think the result will be that, in a few years, interest in the series will drop off dramatically. csu won't be able to fill their allotment at mile high and we won't agree to play them at fort flatlands. so, because of the waning interest in the lopsided series, it will be cancelled. ... just like it was for 15 or so years prior to the 80s when it was renewed...

buh-bye sheep.

15. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

That's my wish, get them off of the schedule.

16. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

They all play nice until some cu thing comes up and show their true colors.Lot of good ones but there are the 3 richards,BVP,newport and patent er ellis.

FlatironsBuff likes this.
  17. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

If they hire Dave Logan, they're gonna rule.

18. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

The crimson chin.

19. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Put a fork in 'em. Their done.

Sure would be nice to take a break from the RMS at the next opportunity, and put AFA on the schedule for a home and away. A trip to the springs would make for a nice road game.

20. RalphieMalph

RalphieMalph Well-Known Member

No way. I'd be happy with replacing one of our BCS non conference opponents with Air Force, but you've got to keep CSU on the schedule. Yeah, they probably aren't going to be very good for the next however many years, and yeah, they're always a huge pain in the ass for the Buffs, but I enjoy the rivalry. Gotta keep that one in tact for sure.

21. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

If CSU were to come to the table wanting to bail out of the RMS, then don't let the door hit them on the ass on the way out.

Speaking of dollars and sense, how many empty seats will there be at Invesco when this series turns into an annual clubbing? Playing in a semi-full Denver NFL stadium robs CU of a home game every other year. If the game fails to become competitive, then we'll see more early games like this year for TV purposes. What a nosebleed tailgating at 8:30am can be. Worse yet, there could be no TV at all, which would kill the series.

In-state bragging rights could be manufactured an other way. Based on MWC standings, give the team with a better record the opportunity to play CU in the following season. The winner of the CSU-AFA game breaks the tie.

I believe the CU fan base is being denied the opportunity to play on one of the more beautiful settings in the state due to some CSU centric pseudo rivalry.

Face it, with so many students and players coming to CU from out of state, there will always be a significant block of Buff supporters who don't give a rip about CSU.

And as an in-state fan, it's no fun pummeling little brother when there are better match ups out there for the taking.

22. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

hey, i grew up in colorado and i don't give a crap about the so-called "rivalry" either. this was my point earlier-- imho, the series is very, very likely to become completely uncompetitive in the next few years. once they can't fill the seats at mile high, the series will be cancelled unless the sheep will agree to only play at CU (or maybe we trade them 3-4 home games for one or something like that). playing in fort flatlands in that tiny little stalinesque poop box of a stadium makes no financial sense at all. this thing is almost over. i won't miss it.

23. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

True. Would like to see CU open with a different opponent, vice a rivalry game. That is, if the schools can't or won't terminate this game.

Yep. They were really bad before I left the state - I don't ever remember any Buff-lammie games from my youth. I just remember that they always had miserable teams.