What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Are you renewing your season tickets?

Are you renewing your season tickets?

• Yes

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 47.6%

• Total voters
I'll huff and puff for a while, but in the end there's no way I wouldn't be in folsom in the fall. I couldn't afford it last season, but Ive been saving up so that will never happen again.

I will renew and stay with the least expensive good ole section 2... I can't justify spending more $. Down side is this year I will surely be surrond by visitors

I would contact CU-D Student Affairs or Student Government...when I was at CU-Boulder, one of my good friends went to CU-Denver and was able to get student tickets there (though he was involved heavily in student government-not sure if that link helped)...they might have something for ya...

I have posted this before on this board, I think, but don't recall what answer I got.

Can I get student season tickets for football as a CU-Denver graduate student?

If I can I will definitely get tickets. If not... probably just buy single game tickets for 1-3 games like I did last year when I didn't live on the front range.

When you close your poll, you might consider sending the results to Bohn as the final tally could be indicative of what the real drop off actually is.
Could be a real eye opener for Mikey. I'm sure he's expecting lower numbers than what there's been in past seasons.
We'll then be treated to a wonderful story from Dave Plati about how renewals are up from last year.

I have posted this before on this board, I think, but don't recall what answer I got.

If I can I will definitely get tickets. If not... probably just buy single game tickets for 1-3 games like I did last year when I didn't live on the front range.

Yes. I got them the first year I attended there and then went with regular tickets with my brother. You will pay more than CU-Boulder, but just keep an eye out on campus for the signs during registration week. I want to say I paid about $150 in 2008.

As for the poll question, the group of us that went last season (4) is not renewing.

Yes you can. Go to the registration office and you can get them. If you need more information just let me know and I will get you details.

Lets do some cowboy math. Assume each season ticket is worth $385 (7 x $55) + $150 donation = $535. So if season tickets are down by a 1000 then CU loses $585,000.

If renewals are off by 20% then that is about 4500 tickets or ~ $2.6 million. That does not even take into account parking, concessions, and merchandise sales. The bigger problem, IMO, is whenever you lose an existing customer it becomes difficult to win them back because they disconnect.

My own guess is sales are down about 3000 to 4000 tickets.

I will be renewing. I understand where the people who are choosing not to renew are coming from. I won't get into a debate as to whether it does more harm to an already strapped AD vs. sending a message. For me, it is about the entire experience: tailgating, spending time w/ friends and family, being up in boulder, the weather, the atmosphere. The Buffs have been through lean times before and they will rise again. I am frustrated with where CU is right now but I am along for the ride.

I will be renewing. I understand where the people who are choosing not to renew are coming from. I won't get into a debate as to whether it does more harm to an already strapped AD vs. sending a message. For me, it is about the entire experience: tailgating, spending time w/ friends and family, being up in boulder, the weather, the atmosphere. The Buffs have been through lean times before and they will rise again. I am frustrated with where CU is right now but I am along for the ride.

:gobuffs::dito:

For me, it is about the entire experience: tailgating, spending time w/ friends and family, being up in boulder, the weather, the atmosphere.

To be clear, I will still tailgate every home game and I will still be in attendance every home game. I am just not buying season tickets. I will buy tickets on craigslist, or outside the stadium.

Maybe another poll / question to consider by July or August. If the Buffs eventually jump ship to the Pac10, will more alum and fans renew their season tickets for 2011?

I will not renew, but I will attend games via single game tickets. I will get season tix again once Hawkins is gone.

I said yes because if I can get the really cheap recent alum tickets I will do that over buying single game just because it is cheaper that way.

I fail to see the point of this whole debate. here is why: if one goes the non-AD route and ensures that they acquire tickets through a third party source (craigslist, scalpers, etc), the money is ultimatelty funneled to the school.

so what exactly is accomplished? someone else fronted the money, just not you.

I fail to see the point of this whole debate. here is why: if one goes the non-AD route and ensures that they acquire tickets through a third party source (craigslist, scalpers, etc), the money is ultimatelty funneled to the school.

I'm sure the AD would prefer you to buy season tix instead of single game tickets. So alot can be accomplished by not renewing.

Last edited:

Not renewing accomplishes two things:

1. It lets the school know how pissed off a lot of people are. Money talks, bull**** walks. Lots of people have voiced their frustration with Bohn and the AD, but I think they're about to see how mad people really are when they get hit with 3-4k (or more) season ticket holders dropping their tickets.

2. I will get tickets much cheaper by buying them separately. If you include the mandatory donation, my 2 tickets ran me approx. $150 per game. I can get great seats for far less than that for almost every home game. This has been true for several years, but in the past I felt OK with paying a premium because I felt the AD was committed to putting a winning team on the field and I wanted to support that. I no longer believe they are committed to fielding a winning team so I am therefore looking for a cheaper way to get to games.

so it is as effective as double secret probation. life goes on, they get their cut from someone else.

personally, you will save $. if that is all it is about, then mission accomplished.

so it is as effective as double secret probation. life goes on, they get their cut from someone else.

personally, you will save $. if that is all it is about, then mission accomplished.

The school will get less $ as well.

i would imagine they would have less $ if the season tickets are not snapped up by third party resellers. in the case they are, the resellers are not in business for charity.

i can see the university responding to decreased season ticket purchases by finding a way to stick it to single ticket purchasers, either in "handling" fees or limitations on block seating to the extent that it becomes a PITA. they will find a way to "encourage" you to just keep your STs. in which case, the above observation will again ring true about resellers and charity.

in a down market, the third party people will likely shove off of buying tickets to sell, and your best bet may be going directly through the university anyway. in any case, the CUAD is getting their cut.

it seems a lot of drama for a similar result.

CU isn't in a position to dictate anything to its season ticket holders. It's not like they are regularly selling out games. They only had approx. 22k season ticket holders last year for a 54k stadium. Tickets are plentiful and can be had for most games for below face value on Craigslist or outside the stadium.

3rd party resellers won't pay face value, let alone a premium, for unused Buff season tickets. The market for them just isn't there. It might come back someday, but we're nowhere near that point right now.

The AD gave a lot of tickets away for free to get butts in the seats. Mostly youth programs and schools. I know they do this every year, but the AD gave a LOT of them over the last couple of years.

CU isn't in a position to dictate anything to its season ticket holders. It's not like they are regularly selling out games. They only had approx. 22k season ticket holders last year for a 54k stadium. Tickets are plentiful and can be had for most games for below face value on Craigslist or outside the stadium.

3rd party resellers won't pay face value, let alone a premium, for unused Buff season tickets. The market for them just isn't there. It might come back someday, but we're nowhere near that point right now.

^^^^^This

The university is going to feel the sting this season, including the resulting ticket availability from dropped season tickets. More 4/$40 promotions and other similar giveaways.

Lets do some cowboy math. Assume each season ticket is worth $385 (7 x $55) + $150 donation = $535. So if season tickets are down by a 1000 then CU loses $585,000.

If renewals are off by 20% then that is about 4500 tickets or ~ $2.6 million. That does not even take into account parking, concessions, and merchandise sales. The bigger problem, IMO, is whenever you lose an existing customer it becomes difficult to win them back because they disconnect.

My own guess is sales are down about 3000 to 4000 tickets.

Wow, it would have been cheaper to fire Hawkins, eat his contract, and still hire another coach which would at least have that newness feel that would bring lots of folks out to check out what the new guy is all about.

I am officially not renewing my tickets. I just got the info in the mail and immediately proceeded to ask them in black sharpie to contact me after terminating Hawkins and showing me a commitment toward winning. It will go out in the mail tomorrow.

I feel really bad and maybe even a little classless. My seat donation is only $400 but in my personal financial situation I cannot justify this money if they can't show me a commitment.

This is the only way I know how to show my displeasure with the current state of events.

Now maybe I can quit avoiding those CU Foundation phone calls.

This thread make me sad. I wish I could fit season tix into my budget. I just can't right now.

Not only no, but HELL NO! This AD and administration has betrayed this program and its fans, time for them to learn that you listen to reason and don't **** with a loyal fan base.

Back