What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Arizona @ Toledo - Official Game Thread

The 'Cats have one warmup game against The Citadel before playing #9 Iowa in Tucson on ESPN...that's a good one.

our old coach is doing a really good job with the arizona defense. that just makes me more excited for what ron collins can do, though. he must be even better, considering hawkins had to choose one and picked collins. he wouldn't have kept collins if brown was better, just because collins was a hawkins-buddy, right?

Guess Brown wasn't going to let 56-34 happen to him twice. Please, please, please Collins - PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS TOMORROW!

Am I the only one who thinks Irv's kid is a ****ing back stabber? I'm sure I am. :lol:

Yeah, I know, he got a coordinator job. Whatever. Don't come back Ir...err....Greg.

Yeah, a backstabber. He got a promotion to coordinator, he got a long term contract for a lot more money, he got to go to a team that will win a bunch of games this year, he got to go to a team whose HC isn't going to get fired this year after he should have been fired last year.

Greg Brown is a helluva coach. When you are an assistant coach you take what you can get when you can get it. He got a way more stable situation for more money and a promotion in the process, anyone who wouldn't have taken that should have their head examined.

I would take Greg Brown back in Boulder in a heartbeat, I hope that barring a miracle season to save Hawk's job, Greg Brown is strongly considered for the D-coordinator position with our new coaching staff.

Yeah, a backstabber. He got a promotion to coordinator, he got a long term contract for a lot more money, he got to go to a team that will win a bunch of games this year, he got to go to a team whose HC isn't going to get fired this year after he should have been fired last year.

Greg Brown is a helluva coach. When you are an assistant coach you take what you can get when you can get it. He got a way more stable situation for more money and a promotion in the process, anyone who wouldn't have taken that should have their head examined.

I would take Greg Brown back in Boulder in a heartbeat, I hope that barring a miracle season to save Hawk's job, Greg Brown is strongly considered for the D-coordinator position with our new coaching staff.

not only all that, but Mike Stoops has a pretty decent rep as a D guy. he may be a complete douchebag and mediocre HC, but he does have a NC ring and that's more than Mister .3 winning % can say.

if i'm in my job getting an offer from someone who can do it vs. a guy who is looking close at getting fired....what do you chose?

sure, Mike Stoops is on the edge of winning and some hot seat......but he's not 16-33

Last edited:

I love CU and I would have left CU for Arizona if I was in the same situation. Greg could always let it be known that he will gladly come back to the DC at CU when the new coach is hiring.

This is one of those reminders that CU football will have some work to do before joining the Pac-10. I am almost 100% certain that we will play those Arizona schools plus Utah on a daily basis.

Back