What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Article: A 2nd Open Letter to the CU faithful - Part II: The Case for Mike Bohn

THanks Nik. I have been saying the same things about Bohn, although not in as much detail or not as eloquently. Everyone wants to roast him for what's happening on the football field, and I think he does need to share some of the responsibility. But he has generally been great for CU and the challenges in football go above his pay grade in my opinion.

The chronicle of Mike Bohn's accomplishments is well done. What is missing to make this case more meaningful is a comparison of how Mike's accomplishments stack up other athletic directors across the nation.

Some interesting points of reference from a comparison perspective would include:Ian McCaw (Baylor), Gene Bleymaier (Boise & SJSU), Chris Hill (Utah), Scott Woodward (Washington), Mike Holder (Okie Lite), Chris Del Cante (TCU) and other colleges that have navigated the arms race with less than top tier budgets and elevated the status of their programs during the period of time in which CU football has stagnated.

Nice post. Bohn isn't the problem. The admin is and his football hires are.

If we had hired Calhoun, as I hear Bohn wanted to, we might not be in this mess. Who knows?

I wonder what Bohn could do in football given support and the ability to make his own decision instead of being force fed a decision and having resources limited on him. You make good points in terms of what he has accomplished in the areas that he has not had to deal with vetting decisions through Phil and Benson.

You're exactly right! I think Bohn has his head on straight and does want to see changes. I like how you listed the other changes and accomplishments too. Nice touch! The biggest problem is him having his hands tied on so many things that could easily (but hard financially) fixed. It is going to require an entire change of cultre at the top and from the base.

Agreed about Bohn, I think his overall work has been very good. Just like in the working world, sometimes you have to play the hand you are dealt and for the time being, this is the hand he has to play. Since the culture above him can't be changed without an unlikely people change, he can only try to influence the decisions downstream and exert control when he has the business case for it. Does he have the business case to fire Embree? No, probably not. Does he have the business case to force Embree to make some coaching changes, yes he does and he should act on it.

Back