1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article: Letter to CU Administrative Officials & Interested Parties

Discussion in 'vBCms Comments' started by Buffnik, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

leftybuff likes this.
  2. Buffnik

One point I failed to add is that recruiting has been in the top half of the nation while both CU's offense and defense are now ranked last in the nation.

People can try to make the talent argument all they want, but gameday performance is significantly below CU's relative talent.

Burrito Palazzo likes this.
  3. Buffalo Brad

Buffalo Brad Club Member Club Member

4. Gridiron

Gridiron Member

Awesome! Well done Nik, signs/stats clearly show a change is needed, come Monday the administration needs to make it happen.

5. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

This is Why Nik is the rep king

6. Bufferman

Bufferman Member

Nik - not that it makes one iota of difference but for accuracy, Jonathan Huckins has offers (besides CU) from: Iowa State, Washington State, North Texas and Louisiana Tech

7. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Where do I sign the petition?

8. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

A news letter from the esteemed Chancellor arrived in my inbox. This paragraph was buried near the end.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  9. cubuffthis

cubuffthis New Member

How about the esteemed chancellor get off his esteemed ass and not wait until January.

10. shang

shang Member

this point and your letter.... spot on... thanks for putting out there what everyone in Colorado has been thinking about and backing up w/ cold stone facts...

11. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

Excellent, lol you beat that poor strawman to death though

12. Bob4Buffs

Bob4Buffs New Member

Excellent piece Buffnik. My seats are in 219 (2) and I mailed them back to bohn with a one word note..."done". Didn't make a game this year after the csu debacle. NO more $$$'s either.

13. raimundospar

raimundospar New Member

Yep, Buffnik, you're very knowledgeable. I'm sure you are more savvy than Bill McCartney, who has slammed the decision to fire Embree. You've probably coached...someplace.

14. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Another screen name already sparky?

15. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Yeah! The only people allowed to critique the program should be former college coaches!¡

:smile2:

16. Buffnik

I was being objective and supplying data that others could decide to use or not. I have my opinion and I backed it up with the reasoning behind it. I stand by that.

On the other side is a lack of tangible evidence, so the argument hinges on Mac's judgment (as your comment here said). Mac's judgment is questionable here because he's emotionally invested in a friend and great Buff, has been away from it for 18 years, and has a passionate agenda for racial opportunities. Based on Mac's recent comments, I wonder whether he's even capable of being objective on this one and whether his priorities are more about football or a social cause. I'm sure this made it very difficult for the powers that be to trust his advice.

Anyway, I wish you'd been on the site before now. It would have added to the discussion.

17. raimundospar

raimundospar New Member

You make valid points, you are supplying data worth considering, and thanks for that and for the comment.

18. raimundospar

raimundospar New Member

I will add this, though. McCartney points out that he was given the chance to make changes in his staff after his 1-10 third season, and that Embree was hired in December and had to move on his staff decisions very quickly. He states that he told the administration that he would coach the team through the rough transition that he knew was coming, and then hand it over to another coach. They weren't interested.

He may be biased in this matter, but he saw rough times ahead, and he felt that would happen irrespective of which individual was hired for the job.

I understand your points about recruiting, and that this was supposed to be the staff's strength, but I think that takes time to improve as well. I do not have statistics to back up that statement, but you may. I would suggest filtering from those stats any sleazy programs and then see how we look in that department.

Your argument about the W-L record relative to recruiting class strength seems valid on its face. I think the staff found that the upperclassmen simply didn't have much talent, and so were fielding a very young team. A bad season was simply going to happen, and it's true that staff changes were needed as well.

Unfortunately this move may hurt us in recruiting, for longer than people who called for the firing expect. We have more bad news ahead, and we should give the next coach more time. If we do, accusations of racism will persist and continue to hurt recruiting efforts, in my opinion.

19. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

The next head coach, whoever he may be, only has to win 2 games to do better than Embree.

20. raimundospar

raimundospar New Member

or Coach Mac's third season.

Or Coach Mac's THIRD season. Your point? Two games will buy the new guy more time?

21. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

My point is exactly what I ****ing wrote. The next head coach only has to win 2 games to do better than Embree.

22. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Or 5 over two years.

23. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

Imagine if he wins 5 in ONE year

*mind blown*

24. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

You people's expectations are crazy.

25. dply

I think nik needs a more revolutionary avatar now. Like a Che Guevara with ralphies profile instead.

26. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff New Member

With all due respect Lt. Col., your post is shallow, short sighted, and without merit. It takes more than just a couple wins to be a better coach.....Embree changed the culture for the program, and raised the bar for his players to be student athletes. The wins would have come, no doubt about it.

27. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

I am sure the wins would have come, eventually, here and there, against someone. Somewhere. Someday.

28. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff New Member

Quite frankly, I am embarrassed for my university this week. What a "Bohn"headed move by the administration to cover up their own shortcomings. A piece of junk like Hawkins gets five years but a true Buff like Embree gets two? What a disgrace. 8 seniors, 45 freshman....you do the math. There's a reason it's called "rebuilding." Look at Mac's first three seasons if you need a history lesson....I know, I was there. I watched the program build. Sure, it's easy for some in this string to talk about selling their tickets....that's what short sighted, reactionary, fair weathered fans threaten or even do. They are not true Buffs.

29. dply

I'm done with hearing new posters calling allbuffers fair weathered fans.

30. HistoryBuff

HistoryBuff New Member

What does being a new poster have to do with anything? I came to the university in 1984 and have lived in the area since and been a ticketholder since. Is it not OK to express an opinion?