1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As the Big Ten Turns: The U?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by UrbanaBuff, May 24, 2010.

1. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

2. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

Lol...someone's been reading the Frank the Tank blog. I've been addicted to that thing too. If you're going to after population centers, FL is a doozy and Miami is more realistic then Florida. I would think FSU would be the more appealing target though, thought I'd read they are working on AAU status.

3. Buffsoldier

Buffsoldier Well-Known Member

[Michael]C'MON MANNNNN!!!![/Irvin]

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

The crazy thing is that the U of Miami is a very, very good academic school. They just have completely different standards for their athletes.

5. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

Yep, and while The U's academic leaders were happy to take in all the money that Snell produced through football in the '80s, I'm sure they were none too pleased of the renegade/hoodlum reputation that their private, well-manicured university received because of it.

6. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Whatever. IF the Big10 was looking at Miami it was for convention space for an executive retreat. Honestly the rumors are getting silly. If increasing the network footprint and opening up recruiting areas is all they are after, The Big10 should dump Northwestern and Minnesocold, add ND, Texas, Florida State, Mizzou, and make a run at USC or UCLA. We can have a Big10 conference with teams on ever coast.

I'm so tired of expansion talk. I wish they would hurry up and get it over with.