1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As we watch other team's bowl games...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by leftybuff, Dec 23, 2009.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I am really looking forward to see how the team GPA comes out. I bet they knock it out of the park...

2. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

Atta-boy!!
    That glass is so half full there's no way you could drink it all.

F*U*C*K I HATE THIS!!!!!!

3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'm particularly looking forward to getting a report on the accountability groups.

4. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Great point, I sure hope they put those up on CUBuffs.com. Now, THAT would get me through to signing day.:thumbsup:

5. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

They might as well put it all up there. If the reason Hawkins kept his job was because of GPAs and all that (even if we know differently), it seems rather silly to not report that stuff just like the games themselves.

6. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I think it would be ironic if the team GPA was as bad as the on-the field record. I want to see what the talking heads would do then.

7. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

The experience of going to classes is the important part. The actual GPA's don't matter....

8. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

it will be cool to see who's earned the privilege of wearing a helmet-visor on the field and winning the playbook video game.

you can't put a price or just a "W" on those kind of intangibles.

9. Ruckus

Ruckus Peep my words. Club Member

Exactly. As long as you work hard during class you will be rewarded on the exams, no matter your performance on that specific day.

10. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

I'm glad we don't have a bowl game to look forward to. Hopefully the guys can hit the gym and the training table earlier to get ready for next year.

Ugh...

11. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

NM - I always like the extra month of practice a bowl game gives you.

Also, one academics story I am interested in will be the APR report for how we did for the 2008-2009 academic year. We've got to get those numbers up to where we are not worrying about having more scholarship penalties next year.

12. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I'm pretty sure his tongue was stuck squarely in his cheek on that one. Yours might have been as well; if so, kudos on the extra dry delivery.

13. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Between constantly undersigning and players leaving for any variety of reasons scholarship limits are among those things that we don't need to worry to much about. Hawk is trying to win using FCS schemes and players, he might as well play with FCS scholarship counts as well.:cry:

By the way that extra month of practice (I think the rule allows 20 practices) is almost like getting an extra spring practice in terms of preparing for the next season.

14. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I could lie and say the sarcasm didn't go over my head... but why compound being functionally retarded with being a dishonest bastard too? :smile2:

15. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Just spit bawlin here. How 'bout if the buffs head down to Sheveport this bowl season and help out with a local charity? The players at Georgia or A&M might learn a thing or two about being a winner without trying to win.

16. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

Meh, you weren't around when this happened last year as well. Someone kept saying what I did over and over. It got on everyone's nerves.