1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ashley Ambrose

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by sliderNcider, Mar 13, 2008.

1. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Ashley Ambrose former NFL veteran has replaced former defensive technical intern Donnell Leomiti on the Buffs staff. He was a 13 year NFL veteran and a great cornerback that Coach Brown coached for a number of years. This has to be a good pick-up. Our young secondary can definitely look up to him imo. Who knows this could have a positive impact on recruiting too.

http://www.buffzone.com/news/2008/mar/13/college-football-hawkins-completes-staff-with-ex/

2. 87toInfinity

87toInfinity Well-Known Member

Good thing Hawk is here, because with the name 'Ashley' we all know Barnett would have avoided this like the flu!!

3. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Ambrose was a good pro who played at a small school I like the pick-up.

4. Cornh8er

Cornh8er Well-Known Member

he was always one of the fastest guys in Madden back in the day, he was always my punt returner.:smile2:

5. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

And he's from Mississippi - hot bed of tallent down there. Recuriting, recuriting, recuriting. :thumbsup:

6. OUBuff

OUBuff In the Basket of Deplorables Club Member

Just my thought. Along with legitimate coaching credibility, he brings recruiting credibility in a area we will NEED in the next cycle.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  7. Timbuff10

Timbuff10 Member

Cool, this seems like an "out of the box" kinda move for CU compared to years past... I like it!

8. canuck_buff

canuck_buff Active Member

Fantastic get and more importantly a guy who can come in with ultra ego. his hard work gave him the NFL career he had. This is a guy who will instill intelligence and strong work ethic.

Huge gain for Colorado Buffaloes! The recruiting part in the south will also be a very good bonus. The sit with monthly or w/e contracts needs to be killed these are men our school can not afford to lose!

9. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I think you guys are overstating the recruiting benefit of what amounts to a graduate assistant. Chances are he won't be around very long. That's the nature of the beast.

Good addition, though.

10. El Gringo

El Gringo Pura Vida Club Member

There was a report on one of the services - Scout or Rivials (I can't remember which) - where a DB prospect out of Pennsylvania mentioned talking to Coach Brown and Ambrose. This was several weeks ago, well before it was made public.

I'm not saying Ambrose is going to be the next Hagan or Bienemy when it comes to bringing in recruits, but clearly Greg Brown is pimping his Grad Asst. with 10 year pro experience. That will ring loud in the ears of a 17 year old.