What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Assistants

According to buffstampede, we bought his blocking system last spring, so I’m assuming that’s why he was in the picture.

Agree with both you and @Buffnik - between the blocking system and his connections to FOCJJ, the hire makes sense......but the proof will be in the pudding.

While I don't like the hire, I do see real potential for a very pleasant surprise. Wait & see, I guess.
I just have to believe there is more behind the hire than “he’s cheap and the best we could do” because surely CU could have gone a number of different directions for this position and seems to have specifically focused on him,

So much for you all being experts on coaching hires...some of you didn’t do research for sure.

ULL had the sixth best rushing yards per game last season. Besides 2011, the lowest average yards per game was about 172 yards per game and most seasons were at least 200 rush yards per game. Only time CU out rushes ULL was 2016.

Not quite the downgrade people are fearing it appears.

So much for you all being experts on coaching hires...some of you didn’t do research for sure.

ULL had the sixth best rushing yards per game last season. Besides 2011, the lowest average yards per game was about 172 yards per game and most seasons were at least 200 rush yards per game. Only time CU our rushes ULL was 2016.

I don't see Spanish Fort High School, where Rodrigue coached last year (and the year before), on that list. Great research, though.

Last edited:

ULL had the sixth best rushing yards per game last season. Besides 2011, the lowest average yards per game was about 172 yards per game and most seasons were at least 200 rush yards per game. Only time CU out rushes ULL was 2016.

nice, maybe we should hire their OL coach

This might be my favorite post ever

What does this mean we bought his blocking system? Like, did he patent and invent some system that nobody can use unless they buy it from him? What the ****?

“Rodrigue created The Rod Blocking System, which CU purchased to use on its practice fields last spring.”

Coach Rod may have one of the least impressive coaching resumes I've ever seen but at least he can make a professional looking website selling his invention.

"The video below shows Army Football using THE ROD at practice to simulating the techniques used by their dominate offensive line during the game."

Or not.

Well, I'm totally on board with KD, and happy with most of the staff hires up till this point, so I'll give this guy a chance, I guess we have to.

Coach Rod may have one of the least impressive coaching resumes I've ever seen but at least he can make a professional looking website selling his invention.

"The video below shows Army Football using THE ROD at practice to simulating the techniques used by their dominate offensive line during the game."

Or not.

Well, I'm totally on board with KD, and happy with most of the staff hires up till this point, so I'll give this guy a chance, I guess we have to.
I used to date a girl who practiced The ROD Blocking Technique[/dad joke]

I actually think the defense could be pretty good next year with these hires.

The offense is going to be absolute butthole, though.

We hired a HS coach?
giphy.gif

Back