1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At The Risk of Ruining a Very Good Thing....

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by 4DemBuffs, Aug 31, 2007.

1. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

where are all of the lammie flamers this year? been awfully quiet. :thumbsup:

2. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

All of the radio programs have been discussing the lack of trash talk this year between both schools. Moser (950 The Fan) asked people to call in and explain the perceived lack of passion.

1st Caller - CU Fan - "We were 2-10. We're cautiously optimistic but realize we may still be 2-3 years away".

2nd Caller - CSU Fan - "We finished with 7 straight loses, no idea really what CU has this year, rivalry isn't the same without Barnett because many CSU fans actually like Hawkins".

I thought that pretty much summed most of the feelings I've been hearing around this week. Besides nutbuffs & sheepnation, I think that kind of shows the state of the internet sites as well.

3. BuffGuy91

BuffGuy91 Well-Known Member

Probably also the fact that there really isn't one player coach on either side that the other side completely despises.

Bring back van Mullet!

4. BinaryBuff

BinaryBuff mmmm...beer Club Member

So, I'm personally pretty jacked up about starting the season and wiping away the bad taste from last year, but for a number of factors, I'm not as jacked as I could be:
    - 10am kickoff
    - game is at Invesco (I'm a keep the games on campus guy)
    - we were 2-10 last year
    - lamb chops sucked too
    - nobody on the lambs that I despise
    - Barnett isn't around to piss off the lamb nation

Maybe others feel the same way?

5. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

if hawkins is in position to do so and he runs up the score on them tomorrow, it will get the vitriol going at a raging fire level again.

seriously, unlike gb, hawkins has said repeatedly (and if you look at what he did at bsu) that he won't step off the pedal, no matter what the score. i suspect that this will be particularly true in game 1 when he is trying to install a certain mindset and he wants the team to finish and grow more confident.

if the Buffs get up in this one, it is going to get very very ugly. and, the tears of rage from the sheep faithful will be at unprecedented level post game.

i expect CU to still be throwing in the 4th even in a circumstance where they are up by 20+.

GO BUFFS!

6. OlyBuff

OlyBuff Guest

Manhattan......that's what I'm SOOO hoping for!!!!!!!!

7. BuckinFuffs

BuckinFuffs Active Member

dude, I love you enthusiasm!

8. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I told several of the Buff captians that they could feel free to run the score up to 50 plus; not to worry that we would thing they were overdoing it. They just laughed and said they would do all that they could. Hugh was loose; looks ready to roll tommorrow.