1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Athletic Facilities Plan Passes Campus Planning Commission

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

:woot:

[​IMG]

2. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

let the fun begin

3. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

I thought they were mostly an HOA aesthetics-type function, but it turns out, they have much broader scope. I guess this is a big deal.

4. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

THe student government leader needs to STFU. Both the Norlin construction (last Spring) and the gym renovation have made it a bitch to get around campus, I hope if he feels the need to ask about getting around campus he asked the same question about the other two construction projects listed above.

Still, great news

5. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

It passed. I could care less what they asked. Now onto the next step

6. KingPants

KingPants Club Member Club Member

Eh, he probably did, its his position.

This chick tweeting seems to take a negative view, so my guess is that the question was innocuous, just asked and answered.

7. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

You should run for his position!

8. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Talk about irony, I had to present a project to a National advisory board this afternoon. It sounds like mine was much easier than Rick George's. There were introductions, a speech by the Superintendent, my Power Point presentation then questions. Some people feel the need to interject questions. Then they go around the Board for a vote. Sometimes, they have to have comments for the record.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  9. Jalapeno

Jalapeno registered user Club Member

What's the next step?

10. JJBuff

JJBuff Club Member Club Member

Identifying a rival facility ASAP. Can't have success without one.

Goose likes this.
  11. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

**** that noise

12. OrangeBowl

OrangeBowl Club Member Club Member

Great news

Now lets hire the suspended Naropa prof as ST coach #CUin14

13. Shldr2Shldr

Fundraising and hopefully issuing a request for proposals.

14. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

DBT mastered power point? Seventh sign of the Apocalypse...head for the hills friends.

15. Jalapeno

No more committees to go through?

Can't wait for those RFPs to come out and then it will feel real.

16. Shldr2Shldr

Maybe. I think he has all the campus clearance he needs though

17. Jalapeno

Guess it is fundraising time then...but I'm still kind of miffed that the website for making donations to that project only went up after the BOR's approval. Is it just that we have to wait for stupid elected people to tell us that it's okay to make donations? Must be a DiStefano thing.

18. Shldr2Shldr

No real reason to advertise that you are trying to raise funds specifically for a facility project, unless you are approved to build it by the regents.

19. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

When does Chancellor DiStefano provide his endorsement that I've taken the liberty to prepare for him?

"Dear students, faculty, alumni, and friends of the University of Colorado,

When I look back on my career, one of my biggest regrets is that the once dominant football program has fallen from National Champion to rock bottom during my watch. I cannot sleep at night with the knowledge that my actions and inactions were part of that precipitous fall.

I am am here to make amends and right some wrongs. Last year at this time I was proud to approve Mike MacIntyre as your head coach. He has proven that he can rebuild and restore troubled programs. He will get this program to a bowl game. A little over 100 days ago, I approved the hiring of Rick George as our athletic director. There is no man in the country better equipped to position CU atop the Pac 12 conference in terms of providing excellent facilities and even better coaching. Rick is my man and his mission it to give our student-athletes an opportunity to succeed at the very highest levels in the classroom, in the stadium, at the arena, and on every location where our athletes wear a CU uniform. It is my goal to see CU play in the Rose Bowl before I leave, and after 39 years service, my time here is limited. I want to see deep NCAA tournament runs for our basket ball and Olympic sports. I want our Skiing and Track athletes to continue to excel. If Stanford can succeed both academically and athletically, so should Colorado.

Athletics IS the front porch of this campus. It's the first thing people see on prime time television week in and week out. CU sports is the most readily available way in which the University of Colorado gets its brand out across the state and throughout the nation. It connects alumni, and generates the interest of kids dreaming to go to college. When Colorado is winning, more people pay attention to the University. These TV sports broadcasts provides an invaluable opportunity to showcase our academic accomplishments.

When we are not competitive, the university gets less exposure, people don't tune in, and our message of excellence gets lost. Frankly, my email inbox is more fun to read after a big win than after some blow-out loss. I've had enough with the losing football seasons. And doesn't everyone agree that winning is more fun? When CU athletics succeed in front of millions of television viewers, it reflects positively on the whole university system and the State of Colorado. The truth is that both academic and athletic success can and should co-exist and thrive. It is my job to make Nobel prizes and National Championships happen. It's not either/or. It's both.

Here is what I ask of you. Buy tickets and attend athletic events, be loud, and proudly wear CU gear when you go out. For those who are in a position to contribute more to the Athletic department, we need your help. For this facilities project to be ready by 2015, we need Buff Nation to step up. Listen to what Rick George and his people have to say, and help our university achieve our lofty goals. Go to CUBuffs.com and make a donation. We challenge Buff Nation to raise $40M in private donations over the next 12 months. I am confident this is possible, because we've already seen CU raise this level of private funding over the past few years in the pursuit of various research and academic capital projects. This is not going to happen with tuition or student fees or Colorado taxpayer money. This can only happen through private fundraising. That's the world we live in.

Now it's the CUAD's time. Now is the time to get this done. Remember to Go to CUBuffs.com and make your donation. Wear your gear. And stand shoulder to shoulder as we join together, rise up, and restore excellence in EVERYTHING we do on this Boulder campus. Go Buffs.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    BuffNut99 and sockdolager like this.
  20. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I'm not sure that they can take our money for a capital campaign that hasn't been approved.

21. Uncle Ken

Uncle Ken Orr no morr Club Member

Haha, you can laugh all you want. But if CSU wasn't leading us on a facilities project this wouldn't have gone through. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING gets done without a rival. It's far more important than money or prestige. It's a rival!

22. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

I can't believe they suspended the Naropa prof.

23. Jalapeno

Skidmark for chancellor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Great job, but you forgot to tender his resignation as a closing mic-drop statement.