1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Athlon: Week 1's most underrated performances (Chido & Sefo)

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Chidobe Awuzie, DB, Colorado Awuzie is one of the nation’s most underrated players and delivered a strong performance (eight tackles, one interception and one pass breakup) in the win over Colorado State.

Sefo Liufau, QB, Colorado Liufau was sharp in Colorado’s impressive win over Colorado State. He completed 23 of 33 throws for 318 yards and one score, while ranking second on the team with 66 rush yards.

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Amazing that Sefo could have played better.

Shldr2Shldr and TDforTD like this.
  3. ZandiBuff

ZandiBuff Well-Known Member

Was he still rusty or just have a slightly off day?

I am looking forward to him having a great day if this was sub-par. That will be awesome.

4. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

Wasn't just the rust, it was coming back from injury, where it does put doubt in your head, I don't care who ur, gotta trust it and that takes time. Other part is, it's a brand new O. Ill take week one results in that case. We could've very easily scored another 20 points or so imho.

5. TSchekler

TSchekler Darth's Hero Club Member

Sefo's stat line had the chance to be ridiculous, if Shay gets in the end zone on the long pass and if he doesn't fumble on the opening drive at the goal line.

6. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

Or if Ross catches the pass that hit him in the chest.

Sefo was a total of maybe 2ft from having 350+ yds 0ints 3TD's and 2 Rushing TD's

FlatironsBuff, BuffLuKe and TSchekler like this.
  7. TSchekler

Yep. As well as he played, he has room to improve, but this is going to be his best statistical year by far, IMO. The only way that doesn't translate into more wins is if his INT numbers rise with everything else.

8. CitizenKane

CitizenKane Club Member Club Member

I agree with articles comments about Chidobe, and certainly Sefo had a great day. However, if you go back and watch all those passes from Sefo again, what will jump out at you is that he failed to lead his target on the majority of his throws. After the Cal vs Hawaii game I said I was impressed with Webb because he throws his WR's open...I can say just exactly the opposite for Sefo. Yes, Sefo had nice stats against CSU and yes the offense worked well. If he had properly lead his WR's on more than four to six of those passes his stats would have been absolutely crazy (at least two more TD's on long balls and very likely two more on crossing routes). I am currently trying to convince myself it is just rust (more koolaid please). With any luck he will be leading guys on those long balls and crossing routes come the Michigan and Oregon games.

FlatironsBuff, Daaah and SuperiorBuff like this.
  9. 8Jah

8Jah Club Member Club Member

The defense he racked up numbers against was dog****. The test will begin next week.

Chido and the Dline on the other hand...that was something against a veteran group.

10. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

How is being named Pac 12 offensive PoW being "underrated" exactly? As for Chido, he received lots of praise from Mac Brown, but, yeah, on a national level, he is still a little under the radar. Though I doubt he is under the NFL scout radar.

Bufffan68 likes this.
  11. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

It is excellent to see the team getting some positive press and acknowledgement of a job well done without the disclaimers. I hope that becomes something we read often this season.
    I think we have to accept the fact that no matter how good Sefo does he isn't going to catch a break around here. I'm not sure some of the gang would be satisfied with god under center.

Yung Buffalo likes this.
  12. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Buff fans are hard on QBs.

Fight CU and Swish like this.
  13. Fight CU

Fight CU Club Member Club Member

hard on

WasianCU likes this.
  14. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

Another note on Sefo: I only saw one "bad decision" in the game. The strange hopped passes are bad, but I'm chalking that up to rust/first game excitement (optimistically). The only decision I really didn't like was when, in the 3d quarter (i think), he rolled left under pressure and threw it towards Bobo off his back foot. Bobo was open, but the ball took too long to get there and was broken up. A better athlete on defense may have pick sixed that. Sefo needs to not throw that ball, especially with a lead. Save the gambles for when you have to take them.

So, improvement.

chitownbuff likes this.
  15. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Not sure Sefo's performance was underrated since he's the Pac-12 offensive POTW.

Bufffan68 likes this.
  16. SerenityBuff

SerenityBuff Club Member Club Member

Buffs fans: Why don't we get more positive attention nationally and locally?!? It's Plati's fault! It's George's fault! We need to play better!

National media: Sefo Liufau had a great game against CSU and has won Pac-12 offensive player of the week!

Buffs fans: He wasn't that good.

Bufffan68, Heywood, Swish and 11 others like this.
  17. BuffsNYC

BuffsNYC Uptown Club Member

I watched a lot of college football last week. Every QB I saw made throws similar to Sefo's, meaning not always accurate, etc. It's to be expected in the college game.

CitizenKane and SerenityBuff like this.
  18. TSchekler

CSU's offense ****ing sucks too. No need to downplay what Sefo did.

CitizenKane and Swish like this.
  19. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Club Member Club Member

If Sefo is booting left, do not throw it over the middle. He has to have the awareness to take what's there or ditch that **** in the stands. He doesn't have an Elway arm, hell, not many ever have. Just execute what's there and play ball.

20. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

I'll take Sefo week one all year long and be perfectly fine with it.

Bufffan68 and FlatironsBuff like this.
  21. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

SHUT YOUR PIE HOLE!!

SerenityBuff likes this.
  22. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

FIFY!
    (He's right about Plati !)

Bufffan68 likes this.
  23. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

I hope he can learn to throw the receivers open. However, as its year 4, I have little faith we will see that. Still love the dude. He's got the attitude I wanted leading this team.

Bufffan68 and CitizenKane like this.
  24. Tatanka™

Tatanka™ Well-Known Member

Sorry for the thread jack, but who remembers God Shammgod? Best name ever!

25. CUAviator

CUAviator Well-Known Member

The one thing I would say about this is that a) Sefo's mistakes in the past have tended to produce disastrous results and 2) the Buffs as a team have not been able to overcome even drive killing mistakes, such as missed open receivers (much less interceptions and long sacks). Count me in that group that is overly critical of mistakes. This program isn't at a position yet where we can afford even the smallest mistakes against the Pac-12 (or Meechigan).

26. CitizenKane

CitizenKane Club Member Club Member

I would agree with that statement 100%. Sefo definitely has the right attitude and one this team feeds off of.

FlatironsBuff likes this.