1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Austin Dufault signs to play in France this season

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

2. WizzersGhost

WizzersGhost Banned BANNED

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy; props to him!

Being a coach's son, with Bz-Tad training, he's got to appreciate playing with guys who are schooled in fundamentals, rather than the "No-D,Pop-a-shot" style played here professionally. Sure the money's not as big as in the over-paid League, but the whole experience is "priceless".

3. Jeremy

Jeremy Member

as a traveller who has taught abroad a few times, I think it's so awesome that there are opportunities for these guys to play professionally after college, make good money, and see the world. I remember following the guys who played for CU when I was there after college and seeing how they were doing in Europe. Marcus Hall was the Bulgarian League MVP some years back. Cope is the best story though.....dude worked his ass off for years and after signing that deal with the Pacers is set for life. Nicest dude in the world, too. A bit of a rant, but it's awesome to see. Makes way more sense than toiling in the D-League, but I guess people get homesick.

4. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

Go get em Austin!!!

5. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

Very happy for AD, one of my favorite Buffs.

6. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

It can be a pretty sweet deal playing overseas as long as you're prepared to move around a good deal..it wears on a lot of guys after a few years, though. I'm in Brazil at the moment and had the luck of seeing a former UVA player interviewed...he's playing for Flamengo, based in Rio, one of the big clubs. He's making well into the 6 figures, is provided a wonderful apartment and a nice car. It's not a bad gig for a 24 year old...you'll experience the same in Europe if you're halfway decent.

7. jwhite17

jwhite17 Member

For a 24 year old male, that is a pretty sweet gig. You get to play a sport you love, and you get compensated for it, and also you get to travel all around the world.

Not many 24 year old Americans get that opportunity or that income.

8. wyobuff

wyobuff Well-Known Member

Dont forget dude is in brazil.......