1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B 12 QB's...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by leftybuff, Oct 13, 2008.

1. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I had the opportunity to watch quite a bit of football this weekend. I certainly did not see every quarterback in action, but I did watch most of every big 12 game. It is pretty clear to me that a big part of the problem with the offense are the limitations at quarterback.

Graham Harrell has a gun. Same thing with Sam Bradford. Chase Daniel, has a pretty good arm, at least enough to get the ball down field over the middle. Todd Reesing has trouble with passes getting batted down but he also can throw the 20 plus yard pass over the metal with the sums it up. Julie and son has a decent, but not great time. Even the freshmen are Robert Griffith Griffith can put the ball downfield. The bottom line is, the failure to be able to put the ball deep on the defense severely limits with this offense can do.

I even caught a little of the CSU game, and caught myself wondering if Klay Kubiak doesn't have a stronger arm...

2. SanDiegoBuff

SanDiegoBuff Club Member Club Member

The limitations at QB are magnified by the injuries and play of the rest of the team. Think of Cody as Trent Dilfer, he's not going to go out and win you games, but if you surround him with the right pieces and a solid gameplan, he can be a capable QB. You can overcome his limitations. In the wrong situation, however, due to injuries, due to other problems, those limitations in your QB, become liabilities.

On the flip side, QB's like Harrell, like Braford, who have the physical tools, can actually help a team overcome injuries or poor play from other positions because they can carry a team and make plays that others can't. Of course, just because a QB has the physical tools, that doesn't mean they will be able to do any of that, see Leaf, Ryan.

There are of course, exceptions to each situation.

3. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

Shiieet. I wish we had Ryan Leaf right now. We would be 5-1 instead. We wouldnt win the North but we'd be bowling.

4. The Guest

The Guest Guest

CU doesn't need a mouth-breather under center.

5. buffwings

buffwings Club Member Club Member

It be an improvement from what Cody is bringing to the game. Leaf would give us a good chance to 3 games.

Right now, I only think we'll win 2 and even then when I think about our offense play of late, we may 3-9 at the end of the season.

6. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I'm only focusing on one attribute here. Mouth-breathing. I don't care about that other stuff. I don't trust mouth-breathers and that instinct has never let me down. I knew Leaf was trouble from the first time I saw him interviewed. Don't even get me started on Gary Busey.

7. unbiasedtruth

unbiasedtruth Well-Known Member

hey leave Gary Bussey the **** out of this......:lol: