1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad timing for CU Buffs Carlon Brown to go into slump

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by RSSBot, Feb 27, 2012.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Kyle Ringo Buffzone.com

Carlon Brown is normally a pretty mellow dude. So it was not a surprise to see him leaning against a railing in subdued fashion Sunday evening after the Buffs knocked California out of first place in the Pac-12 on senior day at CU.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I'm actually glad to see Carlon taking the day off. He's forcing it, and his game has SUCKED lately. Hopefully he can clear his head because we really need him to get going again. The team is at it's best when Carlon is able to break players down from the wing. If we're going to make noise, we're going to need him.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I agree. Day off was a good thing. Carlon's got to play loose. Whenever he has pressed he has struggled.

4. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

He needs a slump buster. As Cubs great Mark Grace would say, find the ugliest, fattest woman available, and **** her til your shot starts falling.

5. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

That was also the only type of woman Grace could pull.

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

:nod:

No joke. That **** works.

On that note, our women's team should hook up with some AllBuff members.

7. J-R-K

J-R-K Well-Known Member

Maybe he's not in a slump but rather this is just who he is. For his career he's averaging 9 PPG, so is it really that suprising if he has a game in which he doesn't get double digits? He was anointed as the team's "best player" and I think that led to unrealistic expectations that he would fill the production chasm left by Burks or Higgins but in reality his stat line is most similar to Marcus Relphorde's.

Edit: Since I know how over-sensative many people on here are I feel the need to point out that I don't mean this in a negative way. Carlon is a good solid player, but just not a "star" as many think or thought.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  8. mattrob

mattrob Club Member Club Member

Eh...he may not be the player we all hoped he would be, but he's definitely slumping too. I don't remember the exact numbers, but in the 13 games since WSU, he's averaging around 9 points on 30% shooting, and is right around 20% from behind the arc. That's not the player he's EVER been.